Thank you for your interest in the 2CV Racing Club - you can be a spectator, mechanic, driver or sponsor - but whatever you decide to do, you will receive a warm welcome from us all.
There are three levels of membership - Full, Associate and Day Racer - these are described below.
- Full Membership is £50 per year - It allows you to race and compete in the championship. You will receive Technical Bulletins, the Club newsletter 'Snails Pace' and invitations to social events. You also gain full voting rights at the Club's Annual General Meeting and discount on club merchandise.
- Associate Membership is £15 per year - You will receive the Club newsletter 'Snails Pace' and invitations to social events. You also gain discount on club merchandise.
- Day Racer Membership is £30 per day - This is a temporary membership to allow a guest to participate in races as an additional driver.
For Full or Associate membership please complete the Club Membership Application Form with your details and send it to the Club Secretary with the appropriate payment. For Day Racer membership, please pay the fee to the Club Chairman or Treasurer at the track.
Please note that if you wish to be a Racing Member then it is also essential to fill in a Commentator's Information Sheet; Membership applications will not be processed without a completed Commentator's Sheet.
To try and increase grid sizes and encourage some of the 60 cars that there are languishing in garages or only being used to compete in the annual 24 hour race, we are offering you one of the following incentives*:
- If you have competed in more than 1 “sprint” race in the last three seasons. For each “sprint” race meeting that your car races at this year your car will receive a £50.00 discount from the 24 hour race entry cost. This means that if your car does all four meetings in 2012 that it will receive a discount of £200.00 on the 24 hour race entry. Remember that this discount applies to the car not individual drivers.
- If you have competed in less than 1 “sprint” race in the last 3 seasons. A 50% discount on the entry fee for the “sprint” races will apply but no discount given on the 24 hour race. This will make the entry fee for the four meetings £625.00 – less than £80.00 per race.
We hope that those of you who borrow/share/bring your cars out will take advantage of these discounts and help us to increase our grid sizes before we end up tagged onto the back of another series.