Main Menu

Silverstone

Started by Paul Robertson, July 23, 2007, 08:56:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek Coghill

Did you see the write-up this cracking race got in Motorsport News? Neither did I, and I foolishly bought a copy without checking first....

Frank Barnard

Like I said some time ago, Derek, 2CVs seem to be a blind spot for the motor-sport press. A month ago I bought Autosport with the same hope of finding out how the Anglesey races went. Wasted money. Not a mention apart from the results. Time for the Club to make the point to the editorial teams I think. After the qualioty of the racing at S'stone it's a damned scandal...

Trevor Williams

Frank
Why should the club make the point? If you feel aggrieved by the coverage in Motorsports News, and the paltry but longer 27 word report in Autosport, write the the magazines yourself.

Alternatively, do what I am going to do and cancel my subscription to them!
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Frank Barnard

Okay Trevor, I'll do as you suggest & 'phone both editorials myself as an aggrieved competitor (maybe others would like to do the same). If I get anywhere, I'll post a report. However, I still think a complaint from the Club would carry extra weight, perhaps accompanied by some of the excellent photos from Silverstone (i.e five abreast approaching Luffield).

Dick Roberts

Hello,

As you probably know Yvette and I stand at key (visual) points to get the best photos we can but as a consequence cannot know the full story of the race.  It would be super if someone (anyone) in the club could send in a brief race report(s).

Journalists like an easy life and if there were a clear, interesting (but not over dramatic) report posted promptly after each race then it is very likely to be echoed in the press.

We have asked (and asked and asked) but the club members haven't got the time, it seems, to make their own exciting races visible to others.

Best wishes

helen deeley

Dick & Yvette, thanks for the great photos, they show exactly how exciting, competetive & relatively clean the racing is (good shots of my wing flapping!) Brightened up my morning at work loads!   :D
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Dick Roberts

Great race - glad you liked the photos.

What about a few words covering the race (overall) and your part (in particular) - you cannot be shy like all the others?

Best wishes

Frank Barnard

Dick,
Point taken but where do we post such copy? Here?

Dick Roberts

Hello

There are e-mail links on the club web site which point the messages to [email protected] This gets the e-mails delivered to me.

Many thanks