Main Menu

Pembrey 2007 - The Final Hurrah

Started by David Sullivan, October 17, 2007, 13:06:05

Previous topic - Next topic

David Sullivan

Having heard nothing from anyone involved with the club since the farcical Mallory AGM, will this weekend's season finale at Pembrey be the last time the 2CV Championship graces the presence of Britain's circuits?
Bearing in mind we have no chairman & haven't had one for 4 months now, one quit & the next one wasn't allowed to expand the committee. We had a well turned out AGM & then decided that we fancied going to the pub instead of discussing the issues. Is it time to find a new hobby, pack the overalls & helmet away one last time & say goodbye to 2cv racing?

philip myatt

That depends on if your glass is half full or half empty, lets be optomistic and expect that some form of sense will prevail.

Simon Crook

I hope that you all have a great "Last Race of the Season" and although I really wanted to attend at least one meeting this season, due to work commitments I have been not able to attend.

My 2cv is sitting in the garage, all the bits that I need are with it, its booked into Mr Sparrow's workshop, the engines are standing by too be sent to Paul just need to know what we are up too, as a rookie to this and a Non Race Member, don't really know what if any input I have, but I for one would like to race next year.

I hope all gets sorted out at the AGM and we get to race next year.

take care

Simon

stuck in Mumbai "It ain't half hot"
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Derek Coghill

Glass half full, usually on the scrounge for a top-up.

David Sullivan

Quote from: "philip myatt"That depends on if your glass is half full or half empty, lets be optomistic and expect that some form of sense will prevail.
I really hope that it does, i have thoroughly enjoyed my first season of racing, in a club that promotes having a good time off the circuit as well as on it. I hope measures are taken also, to change club rules that prevent the club being taken forward. I hope that next year we can race & attract people into the championship with the attractive proposals that Paul & Steve offered to us all at Silverstone. We get critised by other sections of the racing fraternity for not being an exciting formula but this season has gone some way to proving them wrong, but i fell the only way to attract more people into our formula is to revert to the old saying of "big thrills, small bills"

helen deeley

Interesting...It isn't the club rules that prevent us being taken forward, thats down to people in the club not communicating. Theres some good ideas kicking around, but we need to sit down & consider them all in a calm manner, and be prepared to compromise if necessary. As to not being "exciting" according to other formulas, that just isn't the case. The cars may raise a few smirks in the paddock but the racing is quite well respected, and the reviews in the press, though small, have reflected that.
Right, Im off to load the van! See y'all shortly  :D
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

David Sullivan

Quote from: "helen deeley"Interesting...It isn't the club rules that prevent us being taken forward, thats down to people in the club not communicating.

The point being on my part, is that we would not yet be looking for a new chairman had club rules not been used against Trevor (this is not a go at anybody before it all kicks off, more a rant about rules) when he slapped out the clubs cheque book to prevent BARC cancelling one of our championship rounds & what a superb round it turned out to be. Lets not forget, that its should all be about the racing.