Main Menu

2008 Championship

Started by Steve Panas, January 07, 2008, 09:46:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Panas

:lol:  :lol:  :D  :D The good news is that as of today there are only TWO spots left on the grid at the special price. We now have 23 prepaid entries for the coming season. However it was decided that there would be at least three spaces reserved at each race for those who wish to race on a race by race basis. The maximun grid size for 2008 is 28 at one venue. The rest are 30 plus.
Steve

Matt Riley

Oops - time to panic, pull my finger out and sort out my paperwork :oops: - a cheque will be in the post to you this weekend Steve.....

Steve Panas

Excellent. One place left.

Frank Barnard

That's extremely thoughtful of you Pete. You've made an old man very happy. He'll be happier still when he's confirmed a rentadrive for Silverstone...

Pete Sparrow

No problem at all Frank. I don't normally make a habit of making old men happy but being a kind hearted kinda bloke I'll do anything if it makes you smile.
(I'm not offering myself out to anyone male over 40 BTW, don't starting getting the wrong idea, thank you)
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Derek Coghill

<The maximun grid size for 2008 is 28 at one venue>

Steve, according to my (last year's) book, maximum grid at Mallory is 30, as is the wee circuit at Oulton; the other circuits can take more.

Trevor Williams

Derek
It depends on how we are classed - if we are racing and sports racing cars up to 2000cc the we are at the lower figure, if we are "other classes" we are at the higher figure.
It all depends on the track licence , and probably what direction the wind is blowing at Colnbrook on the day!
We benefit from being "other classes at snetterton when calculating the maximum grid for the 24 hour race
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Paul Robertson

Derek you are correct 30 is our minimum full grid size so we will adjust te amount of possible full season entries accordingly.

Derek Coghill

Trevor, if we're "racing & sports cars up to 2000cc" then one prepaid person's going to be very disappointed.

Pete Sparrow

Trev.
you are now officially 'the oricle'  :wink:

Trevor Williams

Pete
Surely you mean "the ar*ehole"?
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Pete Sparrow

I might have heard that said about you at times....

Steve Panas

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
The amount of prepaid grid slots has been increased by three to 28 now. This is due to unprecedented demand. This is the official entry so far. Phil and Pete have agreed to start at the back just for the overtaking!!
   Entrant      
1   Andy Pirt      
2   Andy Smith/Mad Pete      
3   Aubrey Brocklebank      
4   Darren Baker      
5   Derek Coghill      
6   Greg Wheeler      
7   Helen Deeley      
8   Mark Turner      
9   Martin Harrold      
10   Martin Hindley      
11   Matt Hollis      
12   Matt Riley      
13   Neil & Christine Thompson      
14   Nick Roads      
15   Peter Rigg      
16   Phil Myatt/Paul Robertson      
17   Richard Hollis      
18   Sammie Fritchley      
19   Steve Jaques      
20   Steve Panas      
21   The "Secret Entry"      
22   The "Secret Entry" # 2      
23   Trevor Williams      
24   Wayne Cowling      
mmm..... Twelve rows of 2CVs

Pete Sparrow

steve
that's only 24
who are the other 4?
I really am getting seriously aroused now. Think I might start my training next week ready for the start of the season as I didn't do much last year. I'm sure The Golden Cross will welcome the business.

Pete Sparrow

sorry, me being stupid. Extended to 28 not we have 28.
got it now.