Main Menu

20 years of 2cv racing

Started by Paul Robertson, January 15, 2008, 09:46:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Robertson

Next year will be the 20th anniversary of 2cv racing in this country .In my opinion this is quite some acheivement and we should do something to mark it .Ideas anyone?

David Sullivan

Having looked at the picture of all the cars lined up at Mallory, i noticed that only a few cars now have the club strip across the top of the windscreen.
I would suggest a commemorative club sun strip to advertise the matter of this great achievement.

The club could also make a rule that it must be displayed on all cars.

Trevor Williams

David
Thats because there isn't an official windscreen sticker. If there was, the placement of it is already covered in the regulations
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

David Sullivan

well my idea is half way there already!  :D

Richard Knight

We'd be happy to help.....

A Racing T-shirt etc

Regards

Rich
www.dontworktoohard.com

Derek Coghill

Found this whilst wandering around youtube. The 2cvs are at the end of the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slg0SMDoLLA

Trevor Williams

Well found, Derek
All I can say is thank god for uprated springs!!
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Paul Robertson

Fabulous derek, i must have been standing very close to him by the looks of the video.What a handful they were then.I think i saw a glimpse of sparrow in the matt black car but it could have been daryl stokes.

Derek Coghill

Pete Sparrow's car is the matt black one I think. I emailed this to Graham Harper as well, he said that his first 2cv race was at Snetterton in Wee Fiona (which the Hollises now have).

Pete Sparrow

I was there! looks like 4th on the first lap and got up the inside to 3rd on the next one.
it was all down hill after that with poor results and a massive book of excuses at the ready. I lent it to someone but can't remember who....
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

helen deeley

:lol:  thats awesome! I was at Mallory yesterday for a marshal training day, & theres some work being done to the track, the trees at the hairpin are gone & it looks like the approach is going to be a lot wider.......
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Pete Sparrow

ohhh!
that will be fun then...
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Derek Coghill

I emailed the chap whose film it is; this is the reply.

Hi Derek thanks for your message.

I have a bit more film from that Mallory meeting, a short clip of practice from the other side of the hairpin and another 60secs or so of the race. If the club want to use it in some way feel free, just mention my website!
What I will do is put it all together in one clip and post it on youtube seperately, in a day or two,just the Mallory 2cv stuff. Looking forward to another great Snett 24!

Andy Kitson
Check out my site
www.andrewkitson.com

Chris Yates

Oh I know Andrew, and he knows me from back in the day :) I'll get in touch with him when then new site is running, and I'm sure we can get some good video up on the site for all to enjoy!

Paul Robertson