Main Menu

20 years of 2cv racing

Started by Paul Robertson, January 15, 2008, 09:46:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek Coghill

Somebody mentioned taking part in a hillclimb; we did this a few years ago at Harewood but I'm not sure who organised it.

I still like the idea of 125 tyres and standard springs.

spanners

From talking to people about how expensive things can be etc, I like the idea of standard springs and tyres too Derek.

Oh yeah, (near) standard engines too without an expensive camshaft ;)
AKA Jonathan. Wanna be racer one day.......................

fat controller

For those with a long memory - Hello from the Fat Controller.

If someone would like to give me an address I have some video footage that may be of interest.

First up is Project 2cv's first trip to Mondello (anyone remember the ferry strike?) at which the team won the "Ian Gammon Hardaway Spirit of the Event " award.
Second is more Mallory
& Third is yours trully being interviewed by SKY TV plus some coverage of an Oulton Race

Thats what I think I've got but who knows it's been a long time since I had anything to play them on. So if someone can convert it all to CD and let me have a copy back I'll shove it in the post!

fat controller

Hi From the Fat Controller

I've got video coverage from Mondello, Mallory and Oulton plus a SKY interview

Where do I send it?

Paul Robertson

Blimey martin when did you escape?Guess all that weight loss mean't you slipped between the bars when they were all looking for a fat bloke with a beard,next thing we know there'll be a fat bloke with long hair and a posh accent saying he's michael storey or something.
can't help with transferring the video, but good to see you're still lurking,although all the young girls have grown up now you know.
It's all done in the best possible taste you know.
Paul

Andrew Bull

Hi Martin,

Send an e-mailo address i can contact you on, to '[email protected]'

I'll then let you have my address to post the cd to.  hopefully this may be the first lot of stuff for the you tube channel. 

best regards

Andrew Bull

Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Paul Robertson

So how many people fancy going to mondello and what sort of format race or races  would you like if we went?

helen deeley

Does it have to be Mondello? I'd love to go, but being on a really tight budget it will depend on what else we are doing next year......
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Trevor Williams

Got to agree with CTD, depends on the race format for next year etc, as well as amount of time off work needed. I'm struggling this year to spend a weekend at home!
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

I'd love to go back to Mondello; as for the format, if we can be inveigled into a 2-day meeting we could maybe have 3 races? Just an idea. Does anyone know how many cars there are in Ireland? After the last 24hr there there was talk of an Irish series but it never got off the ground, there may be half a dozen or so.

Paul Robertson

It looks like it would all have to be on one day derek.they can only run from 9am to 6 pm.I thought if we had a long race with co drivers and maybe one sprint we could take 3/4 drivers as per 24hr teams and split the cost .

Derek Coghill

I'd be happy with that, Paul. I'd be even happier if it was dark and raining, though....

Paul Robertson

Paul Robertson

So only two of us then derek,at least we would both make the podium.If we didn't break down of course.

Andy Craig-Smith

Count me in. A 5 or 6 hour race would be great. Never been to Mondello !!! I could grab that last place on the Podium !!!
Rocket Dog Racing