Pete Sparrow

I'll fight you for it.... :o
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

helen deeley

I didnt say I wasnt interested!  ::)
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Derek Coghill

Just wondering when the proposals for next year have to be with BARC? If there's anniversary stuff to be included it may be as well to sort it out as soon as possible? Requests for particular circuits, dates and so on.

fat controller

Now here's a thought for you!

Many years ago I was approached by the folks that run the racing on the Isle Of Man who wanted to offer us a package. However, Mondello was on the calender then so 2 awy meets was thought to be to expensive.

They offered - Racing, a sprint and a hill climb plus subsidised ferry (leave spare cars, vans etc in a pound at Liverpool docs)

Juts a thought, and of course Croix un Turnois was a good trip

helen deeley

Id find cash for a trip to the isle of man! Would be cautious on the cost of ferry over though, it aint called the steam racket for nothing!

Martin Harrold

If we did decide to move, I'd vote for Croix. Nice tight circuit, good facilities, lots of twisty bits, a bit like Mondello, even has two left-handers. And, channel crossing fares as low as £60 return, but obviously more with a trailer. Not too windy, and even possibly dry. Frank B would just love it!
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Mary Lindsay

I favour going to France but what sort of licence would drivers need to compete there?  When the Morgans went to Zandvoort a couple of years ago we ran our own race under our series regulations. Would this apply at Croix?

Paul Robertson

We would run to our british regs mary.
i have made some tentative enquiries about returning to mondello aand it looks like tow 25 minute races and a 3 hour race would cost about 25000 euros with a 28car grid .The ferry would be about £220 with trailer, so all in all about  £940 plus fuel .Obviously the extra drivers for the 3 hr rce would reduce the costs some what but still expensive for a weekends fun.

Derek Coghill

I think the IoM package that Martin's talking about was at Jurby; SMRC were offered a race meeting there, probably about the same time I'd guess. Trouble with the Island is that I'd have to get the car MOTd - no way I'm going there and not doing a lap!

I presume there's going to be a race at Mallory as close to the original date as possible?

Can I put in a word for Knockhill (as usual)?

Paul Robertson

It would appear that mondello is just too expensive ,so back to the drawing board.

Andy Craig-Smith

Paul,
What price does Croix come in at ?
Rocket Dog Racing

helen deeley

Knockhill works for me, and its in a diffrent country  ;)
Derek, you wont know what to do with yourself without a mega-trip to get there

Paul Robertson

Quote from: Andy Smith on July 18, 2008, 13:47:05
Paul,
What price does Croix come in at ?
I am making the relevent enquiries at the moment andy.

Derek Coghill

In spite of proximity, I'd need to camp over; I missed out last time as I was still building the car through the night and didn't get involved with the karting.

Heard about it from the staff in Kirkcaldy later though......karts on top of the tyres...?

"Bunch o'bammers" would be the mild version of their comments.

Marc Fenner

I was at the classic race meeting at silverstone this weekend. Is it worth trying to get a stand or even a race there as its our 20th?
Also we are now a classic racing championship. Might not have 500k cars but might be worth a go.