Main Menu

Racing licence for UK...Please HELP

Started by Roderik Izaks, January 22, 2008, 10:40:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Roderik Izaks

Dear readers,

I have a serious problem in finding out what licence we should get for racing the 24h race in the UK. Is there anyone who can tell us for sure. We have had several contacts about this, but still are not sure what we need.

From the Dutch KNAF we here that to race in the UK we need a similar licence as the National A in the UK. This would be the Proffesional National Licent (or EU licence) that we can get in Holland. This is up to the organisation of the race to decide if this is enough!!

As we are starting to build our care and are still not sure what licence we need we are beginning to have a problem with our plans.

Could someone please find out what we need for the 24h at Snetterton.

Hope to hear as soon as possible from someone. If anyone knows for sure please call or email me on 0031 651069484 or send me an email with your telephone number and I will call you ([email protected]). Maybe you can put me in contact with someone who knows this.

We have had several different answers and need to know for sure as soon as possible, for we have to plan a date to get the right licence. No licence...no racing..... And we would really love to join you at Snetterton this year.

Kind regards,

Roderik Izaks
Holland

Trevor Williams

Roderik
The problem is that the diferent national motorsport associations interperate the FIA rules slightly differently.

In the UK, the lowest licence that will alow you to compete in events organised by other European motorsports associations is the National A. The race must be on the FIA International calendar as a National Event with Authorised Foreign Participation. Our 24 hour race at Snetterton has always been one of these and always will be I believe.

The dificulty comes from the actual FIA regulations, which if I read them correctly, state that you have to be professional drivers. The MSA in the UK interperates this diferently.

I believe, and do not take this as absolute, that you would have to comply with your motorsports association's requirements. I will check this out with the organising club in the next day or two and get back to you.

Alternatively, you could try speaking with the MSA in the UK (tel. +44 1753 681736) and getting the info from them. I would hold fire on that until I get back to you

Do not stress about it, there are ways around any problems!

Look forward to seeing you on the grid at Snetterton!

Cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Roderik Izaks

Dear Trevor,

I spoke to the MSA and they do not know are just tell us to come to the UK and get a National A licence. Of course this is not an option for us. This would take are complete racing budget.

I am now in contact with the FIA in Geneve and hope to get some news later today. Our licence department (KNAF) does not know what the equivelant is for the National A. MSA does not know, Barc does not know, Snetterton Does not know.... :cry:

We have to schedule our race course in Holland for the correct licence and there is only one date for this before Snetterton. So we really need to know for sure and of course not run the risk that we will be sent home with the wrong licence on race day. (Bit costly) :?

Hope you can get some additional info on this matter.

Thanks for your effort.

Kind regards,

Roderik
Flying Dutchmen 2CV Racing Team

Trevor Williams

Roderik
DO NOT SPEAK TO THE FIA!!!!
I am expecting some info later today
It would be helpful if you could send me an english translation of the Dutch licence regulations. I have had a look at them and think I can see what they require, but not totally certain
Cheers
Trevor

Trevor Williams

Roderik
I have read (and re-read) the MSA regulations, together with the FIA International Sporting Code and I think I have an answer for you!

Either call me tonight (I will email you my phone number), or I will call you and explain! It would be very helpful if you could explain the Dutch regulations to me as well

Cheers

Trevor

Roderik Izaks

Dear Trevor,

Translating the regulation would probably take me a week. 6 pages....or something.

What is it that you need to know and I can find it in the regulations.

Hope to speak to you tonight.

Regards,

Roderik

Roderik Izaks

Dear Trevor,

i was called back by the Fia with the same answer that the MSa and the Dutch Knaf gave me.....WE DON'T KNOW.. :cry:

Hope you have more luck.

regards,

ROderik

Trevor Williams

Roderik
If I do, I will be applying for Max Moseley's job as soon as possible!
I don't know for sure, but I have a good idea! i will run it through with you tonight.
What I need to know is the translation of the minimum race licence and the EU (Professional) licence
Cheers
Trevor

Andy Downes

Trevor,

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this ?

I am trying to help an experienced American racer to come and compete in a UK Championship (that requires minimum MSA National B) and I am running into the same issues. This is despite multiple calls and conflicting answers from the MSA Licence Section.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Many Thanks

Andy
(2CV - Team 42 Inworth Racing Extravaganza)

Trevor Williams

Andy
Give me a call on 07889 647270 later this evening and I will explain what I know
Cheers
Trevor

Andy Downes

Trevor Williams

Roderik
Check your email!!!!!
Good news!
Cheers
Trevor