Main Menu

New forum software

Started by Chris Yates, February 13, 2008, 11:42:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

Hi all,

In order to provide a better forum 'experience' (yes, I hate that phrase too), and in order to make the forum system more manageable, and less attractive to spammers, I'm going to be installing some new forum software.

The look and feel of the forum will change completely, but all of the content will stay the same - so you'll still have the same avatars (initially), same username and password to log in, and all of the the posts that you've made will be there.

When I swap over to the new forum, I'll close this one and post a link to the new one - so you can update your bookmarks (if any). I'll put a redirect on the old location after a while.

You'll need to know your username and password to log into the new forum, as it won't be stored on your computer. If you've forgotten your password, you can click a link on the new forum to have it e-mailed to you, or if you want to be prepared in advance, you can always change your password right now in this forum, and it will be carried across to the new one. To do this - click "Profile" in the links at the top of the page, then enter your new password where it tells you to.

I'll make the change tomorrow (Thursday 14th)

Chris Yates

Ok, the new software is in place.

Points of note are:

• The 'Show unread posts since last visit' at the top-right of the page - very useful
  • Under the main logo, there's a "FORUM" button - hover your mouse pointer over this, then from the menu that drops down, select "Profile" - here you can change some of your preferences, and update the information about yourself.
  • You can change your avatar now - see the link marked "Forum Profile Information" under your Profile link from above.

I'll continue to update the forum as I go - the colours are going to be subject to a little tweaking here and there, and some of the categories will be moved around, merge, or disappear completely.

Any comments - please let me know!

Marc Fenner

Chris what a fantastic job you have done! Looks fantastic!

Paul Robertson

Chris, any chance of something at the bottom of the page to go back to the top or to go back to the main forum? Or am i missing something and it's already there? Imust say i think the forum is a breath of fresh air .Must trawl out some photo's to post.

Andrew Bull

Paul,

try the pull down menu in the bottom right hand corner.  'Jump to' .

this will take you to the moon and back cause there's certainly plenty of possibilities on it. 

cheers.

bully
Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Chris Yates

Hi Paul,

There's a 'Home' button on the very top menu (black bar at top) that takes you back to the forum home page. Then there's also the Jump to thing that Bully mentioned.. Any good?

I've been messing around with the categories recently, so things may vanish and re-appear in other places, but hopefully it will all make sense in the end :)