Mark Turner
0 (0%)
Keith Shoebridge
0 (0%)
Jack Gabriel
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Steve Panas

The 2008 Classic 2CV Racing Club "Rookie" Championship will be contested by the following seven drivers.
Darren Baker [90]
Helen Deeley [9]
Jack Gabriel [46]
Martin Hindley [78]
Steve Jaques [43]
Keith Shoebridge [28]
Mark Turner [84]
Points to be awarded as follows per race.
1st - 7pts
2nd - 6pts
3rd - 5pts
4th - 4pts
5th - 3pts
6th - 2pts
7th - 1pt
Positions will be for those drivers finishing only. DNF/DSQ/DNQ will score no points.
Trophy for each winner of each round awarded at post race presentation.
Cash awards for 1st and 2nd and Rookie Trophy awarded at 2008 Dinner Dance.
Rookie Championship table to be published on the website and Snails Pace after each meeting.
Any further enties from this date and up to before Oulton will be considered on their merit as regards inclusion.

Frank Barnard

What exactly is a 'rookie'? Someone who hasn't competed before?

Chris Yates

Steve, would you like me to make that a news item on the main site? :)

Steve Panas

:DThat would be good

Paul Robertson

i thought you could only be classed as a rookie if you hadn't competed in a full season or you had finished outside the top ten .Shirley that excludes crash test and darren.

Simon Crook

I was hoping to be one of the rookies  :'( this season
With the rookie status I thought that you are classed as a rookie until you remove the black cross off the rear of the car.

Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Frank Barnard

When I (and a couple of chums) won the Rookie of the Year award at Mondello in 1996 (finishing 11th incidentally & beating one Paul Robertson by a single place) the requirement was that none of us had raced in the event before. I assumed this might apply to the Rookies listed for '08, i.e none of them have raced in the Championship before. I only ask because I had the door closed on me at Silverstone (or tried to get through said door when it was barely open, depending on how you look at it) and I noticed that that particular hard-driving and obviously experienced and able competitor was on the list yet went on to finish ninth in the '07 series. For genuine rookies still giving hand-signals and watching their mirrors, perhaps a disincentive?

helen deeley

Quote from: Frank Barnard on March 19, 2008, 16:11:59
I noticed that that particular hard-driving and obviously experienced and able competitor was on the list yet went on to finish ninth in the '07 series.
:o Do you mean me? Coz 2007 was my first season & Ive not raced anything before.... I'll take it as a compliment though, thank you  :)
Im guessing the rookie thing has been rejigged a bit, seen as most of the people on the list have competed before & one of them got a podium?
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Frank Barnard

Yes Helen, it was intended as a compliment. I think that was the last time I saw you, disappearing in the direction of Copse at a fast rate of knots while I tried to get my arms untangled...

Pete Sparrow

Simon, i think you should be on there as you are new to the championship. I would say you are a rookie if it is your first year in our championship unless someone wants to correct me and step outside. I wouldn't class Helen as a rookie because she has done a full season, she's graduate me thinks....
I would class Lewis Hamilton as a rookie in F1 but I'm pretty sure he may have raced elsewhere before getting to F1 ( I was out when they called, I like you lot anyway and couldn't leave//)
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Simon Crook

Thanks Pete, but as I have not entered the championship for this season I think that this will be hard to pull off :'( I am hoping to do one round this season but we will have to see - roll on next season I should have the car done by then if not I am giving up!

LUMACA RACING - Home of the 2cv TYPE R
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Trevor Williams

A quick history lesson:
When I started racing at the back end of 2000, the qualification criteria to be classed as a rookie was that you had not competed in the championship before.

Later on, when we were struggling for new membership every year, the criteria was relaxed to allow people who had competed in less than a certain number of races in the previous years to be classed as rookies. This ws done with the consultation of the person who was putting up the prize for those years.

Basically, a rookie is whatever the committee and the sponsor of the prize (if any) decide

Cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

helen deeley

I was a bit confused about this too, till somebody pointed out that its a different championship format this year so some of us have never done sprint races before   :)

helen deeley

Quote from: Steve Panas on March 18, 2008, 11:34:28
Trophy for each winner of each round awarded at post race presentation.
Cash awards for 1st and 2nd and Rookie Trophy awarded at 2008 Dinner Dance.
]

Cheque in the post then? lol  :P