Main Menu

Looking for help/advice.

Started by spanners, March 20, 2008, 20:24:01

Previous topic - Next topic

spanners

Hi, I am a new forum member with a passion for old sheddy 2CVs and a sense of adventure-sort of!

For the last two years I've taken part in a charity banger "rally" (www.scallyrally.co.uk). In 2006 I took a GSA (some of you may remember it being at Snet-I took it on the parade lap) and last year, we took a '69 AZU250 to Rimini and back again (http://groveleyhillbillies.blogspot.com). This year, we've got a fairly (read very) sheddy C plate 2CV that I'm planning on making into a kind of "replica" racing 2cv and wondering if anybody would be able to give me any hints on authenticity etc. I also plan on fitting a rollcage for effect (I don't really plan on rolling it ???)-any ideas from anybody of the cheapest source of one?

I can be e-mailed direct at [email protected]

Thanks very much in advance...........................

Spanners (Jon)
AKA Jonathan. Wanna be racer one day.......................

Derek Coghill

I have a "retired" bodyshell with a cage in if that's of any help. It's getting a bit creaky but should be more-or-less ok for an MOT.

spanners

Hi Derek, what sort of figure would you put on it please? The shell that's on mine is hmmmmmm, shall we say, a tad ropey.

Derek Coghill

Dunno how much, haven't really thought about it. Comprises a shell with an ally roof, welded-in cage, windscreen, plastic rear window (yellowish!) and there might be a couple of doors with plastic windows. The only catch is that you have to come and get it; it's near Edinburgh.

spanners

Travelling is not a problem (so long as I use my BX and not my wifes' Freelander ;D) so if you can give me an idea of price, I can book the trailer!

Cheers.