Main Menu

Damage

Started by Paul Robertson, May 07, 2008, 21:53:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Robertson

I have just surveyed the damage to my car from pembrey and can't believe how bad it is .There are 9 different points of impactfrom one meeting .Last year we didn't have that for the whole season,at this rate i will be asking the DD drivers for the cost of repairs.It is supposed to be non contact and its about time drivers realised they should take avoiding action not just ram other cars.

Trevor Williams

Paul
I couldnt agree with you more! It is a non-contact sport, and the sooner the officials start imposing penalties for driving infringements the better. It would help if the higher levels were policed properly as well! Maybe Phil should request that the Observers specifically look at our races and report any contact?

It might help everyone to realise that effective immedialtely, track / driving infringements (g76 etc of the Blue Book) attract penalty points! 12 points in a season = licence suspended!

There were two incidents at Pembrey, where if I was CoC I would have imposed a penalty on the drivers who rejoined the track in an unsafe manner (in my opinion)

Use your head as well as your heart when racing

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

David Sullivan

Quote from: Trevor Williams on May 08, 2008, 11:13:11
It would help if the higher levels were policed properly as well!

BTCC by any chance?

Trevor Williams

BTCC, Ginetta juniors, Clios etc, plus other championships that I have seen so far this year!

On another matter, it would be a good idea for everyone to familiarise themselves with the procedures for what to do if the start lights fail! It has happened to us before at Pembrey on a rolling start, where we were praised for our restraint and understanding of the procedures. And it's always good to be one up on the touring cars!
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

No damage at all from Pembrey, and I had 2 very close races. The damage sustained at Silverstone was caused by an out-of-control car (not mine), so fair enough.