Main Menu

marshals racing for charity 2009

Started by gravel_monkey, April 15, 2008, 01:07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

gravel_monkey

hi all,
i know it is early but we have a team of uk marshals and a pro driver in the shape of paul o'neil looking to race the 24hr for charity in 2009. we are just looking for help, guidance and basically anythin you can offer in trying to get this project off the ground.
cheers
andy

gravel_monkey

so do i take it no one can offer advice or help us out?

Marc Fenner

Speak to Pete Sparrow he may be a ble to help you out as he has had dealings with the Bella Boys and Simply the breast car.

helen deeley

Sorry gravel monkey, didnt mean to ignore you. Have you marshalled for us? If you can make any of our remaining races this year come & introduce yourself, as theres a lot more people in the club who could probably help you out that aren't on the forum. Are some of you needing to get race licences etc as well?
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Nick Roads

As in previous posts in the forum most of the details are available at the main 2cv racing site

http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/technical

and specifically

http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/technical/gettingstarted/15-technical/25-gettingstarted

cars can be bought from around £ 2000 upwards with a package of spares etc. Put a post up if you want to buy one I know 2 were for sale earlier in the year and not seen them racing yet. If you want to build your own up my best advice is to plan to come to some of the races as well next year to get some experience and help from others.

an alternative would be to simply hire a car which if you are planning just to do the 24 hour may be the cheapest option in the long run - again suggest you put up a post up if that is what you wish to do.

hope that helps

gravel_monkey

as it stands at the moment we are not far along. if you guys are at oulton or anglesey i will def be down for a chat with at least one of the other marshals trying to sort this. in all honestly the only thing further along than before is that paull o'neil is booked in and ready to go, have even had a mail off his team boss at rpm motorsport to say it is ok for him to do the event. i think the hiring a car option will be the best as this is looking like a one off event at first to see how it progress's!
when you guys are at oulton or anglesey who do i need to come and find????

Trevor Williams

Oulton, Monday May 26th, Just ask anyone and they should be able to help or put you in touch with people that can
Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

gravel_monkey

sorry all, i did not get a chance to talk to any of you as i was posted on lakeside for the meeting so i was kept very very busy. try to catch u all later in the year!