Main Menu

first time 2cv owner

Started by 2cvboy1991, June 16, 2008, 21:49:48

Previous topic - Next topic

2cvboy1991

hey im 2 months away from my driving liscence and my first car is an orange and white (spot like) 2cv6 special. any advice on handeling, driving, servicing ECT and where would i find good insurance quotes ;]

ill post a picture of my and  i have videos on my car on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/ellboy10101

my 2cv isnt a racer im affraid, still only a run about. cost about £2000 for me to restore and was well worth it as i am very pleased to be its proud owner.

Marc Fenner

Hi

Im 23 and had 2cv since i was 10! Found that Lancaster Insurance have been the cheapest ever since i started by miles. They do monthly payments too. The other people are Footman James. Make sure you get garanted payout if you or someone else craShes it.

Road  cars tend to understeer a bit but lowering it slightly does help. If you get the back out just keep your foot planted and the front will bring it round. I have had a couple of tank slappers in a road car with s**t suspension. (eg my road car!) I only run 145x15 tyres now as they make a huge diffrence to the handling.
125 firestones are ok but dont last long and the michelins are s**t in the wet. 145 Michelins seem fantastic
on my car but not cheap.

One thing you must do is have the roof of with the slightest bit of sun with the tunes beating out. Also come on some of the 2cvgb camps aswell as the racing.

If you fancy helping out with the racing you can come join me with my car AT THE 24HR. Im on facebook or email me  here if you want to come join us. ;D