Main Menu

Thanks for a great weekend!!!!

Started by Dean Watson, August 12, 2008, 00:10:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean Watson

From a couple of the marshals, Big thanks for a great weekend. For me it was my second 24 hr race and so far the best ;D
Almost got it right with the weather, maybe next year it will be all dry. I still get amazed at the sight of three 2cv's side by side with no room for a fag paper between them round Russels. Or 5 in line astern along Revet straight with no gap between them. But I think the best sight I saw this year was at around 6:30 in the evening at Riches watching you guys "Drifting" the 2CV's fantastic. Again the hospitality laid on was awesome, even though I was too knackered to enjoy it, as we had all day saturday to work as well. The goodie bags and radios were a great idea also. Thank you all.
Looking forward to next year allready.

Anychance of you guys getting a date at the "mini Nurburgring" that is Cadwell Park? I have some fond memories of 2CV's doing battle through the Gooseneck and hall bends.

This years 24 Hour was my 16 year old daughters first, and also first race meeting marshaling track side and she thoroughly enjoyed it, also my 14 year old son was running throught the race with slips of paper etc up and down the rear of the garages and he too cant wait till next year. ;D ;D

Chris Yates

Thanks Dean! Even though not all of us drivers and team members get a chance to express it, we all appreciate the hard work you do for us trackside, and we try and show our gratitude by putting on a good show ;) Glad to hear you enjoyed watching us as much as we enjoyed doing it :)

As far as Cadwell goes - we're slightly at the mercy of what dates BARC can give us, and how we can fit them into our schedule. I'm sure a lot of us would want to go back to Cadwell - we were there only a few years ago. Hopefully we can get a date there there next year.

Oh, and pass on our thanks to your son and daughter - everyone's help was much appreciated!

helen deeley

Cheers Dean. The fact that you lot are prepared to stand out there for so long in whatever weather is very much appreciated, you must all be as mad as us!
I'd love to go to Cadwell  :)
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Mary Lindsay

We would like to add our thanks to the marshals, without them it would be impossible to run the event and we are all very grateful that they are prepared to stand out there in all kind of weather so that we can enjoy ourselves.
Mary Lindsay
Car 42
Inworth Racing Extravaganza.

Terry Scannell

And from the team in Race Control I would also like to add my personal thanks to everyone who contributed to creating a fantastic weekend;

To all the members of 2cv Racing Club, drivers, teams, families -
you all make it such a unique and brilliant event, the positive enthusiasm of everyone involved makes it work so well - both on the track and behind the scenes. Thanks to Steve, Simon, Paul, Peter and everyone within the club for providing the goodie bags, the tea's and coffee's etc for the marshals rest area and for providing the BBQ at Tyrrell's at the end of the event. All of which was greatly appreciated.

To Jamie, Debbie, Gary and all the Snet MSV Circuit and Tyrrell's staff for going that extra mile throughout the weekend; the use of the Media Centre for the marshals rest area really was appreciated by the marshalling teams, thank you, as was all the help given to us in Race Control throughout the event.

Thanks also to Peter Harding for sorting the rota's, driving the minibus and manning the phones! To Mike Whitney for being Chief Marshal and Safety Car Observer.

Also the Caterham Safety Car Driving Team (don't think they've ever gone so slow!) and to Chris and Mike for spending so much time in the passenger seat! Richard thanks for organising them!

Alex and the Red Rocket Recovery Team - Excellent teamwork and speedy recoveries as always - thanks guys.

Tony, Dave, Grant, John,Jim & Richard, plus the sound of Race Control-Dawn and Sandra - thanks for not letting me sleep throughout the weekend!!  Thanks also to the BARC HQ team for all their dedication in Race Admin and keeping us upstairs under control!

And above all to the marshalling and rescue teams for brilliant teamwork and for being so willing and flexible throughout the weekend enabling the shifts to work. It was great to have the chance to meet up with many of the marshals during the off periods-hope you all enjoyed yourselves and we hope to see you next year. Don't forget to tell others and drag them along too!

See you all next year!

Terry

Chris Yates

I'd also like to pass on thanks to a marshal, possibly going by the name of "Mel", who was doing pitlane stuff, and offered a radio to a small 3 year-old girl. That young girl was Sarah, Christine and Neil Thompson's daughter. She was very happy with it, and it never left her sight from that moment on :)

Terry Scannell

Hi Chris,

Yes that would be Mel, one of of Snet Chief Pits regulars - I will ensure that the message is passed on - he will appreciate that - thanks.

Terry