Main Menu

Crank Recon

Started by Andrew Bull, February 24, 2009, 17:02:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Bull

Anyone know where i can get this crank reconditioned??
Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Derek Coghill

I've had 2-stroke cranks done by a company called Grampian in Liverpool; think I lost any contact details though.

Paul Robertson

retford engine centre bully.

Marc Fenner

haha thats one big crank!!! :D

Chris Yates

Nah, it's a perfectly normal sized crank. Just being serviced by tiny people :)

revbadtoad

try stp for rebuilt cranks they are on the web,type in 2cv tunning on google their website will come up .they rebuild using better bearing than standard 2cv and also offer other crank mods too.hope this helps you out.

Steve Cowell

:-\  Ho hum .................................................. ;D
The older I get,the faster I was (not)

Derek Coghill

Ah.....hadn't spotted the munchkins.

revbadtoad

sorry i thought you were after a 2cv crank reconditioning,for the type of crank in your picture try beckitt and gardner in sheffield ,they have always help me out in the past and they did a v12 jag crank for my mate not long ago and he is well please with their work.

Paul Robertson

kin ell!! How big? Shirley photoshopped?big munchkins derek.

Andy Craig-Smith

Is that one of Gary's ?
Rocket Dog Racing

Sean

Ive got a book from the 30s shows you how to true a crank with a strip of emmery cloth, pour your own bearings and scrape them to fit

Should be a DIY job for a quiet evening ;D

Chris Yates

Incidentally, I should point out that the engine shown in the first image is from the container ship Emma Maersk - the 2nd largest container ship in the world (Estelle Maersk is bigger)

There's more pics of the pistons, shell bearings, and the completed Wartsila Sulzer RTA96-C engine, at http://www.emma-maersk.com/engine/Wartsila_Sulzer_RTA96-C.htm

Martyn Daniel

Quote from: Paul Robertson on February 25, 2009, 09:04:28
retford engine centre bully.
Grampian are in Crosby, http://www.grampianmotors.co.uk/ I've had them do some work for me in the past, and can't fault the service or prices from them.