Main Menu

Auto Trader race timing

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 01:49:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Martin H on June 16, 2003 at 22:28:39:

Dear all,

Now you have got the dust and grease off and a bit of shut eye, I thouht that you would be interested to read this message from David Jones of Sports Timing Services.

"Hello Martin,

Unfortunately we did not have the opportunity to meet during the spell at Snetterton.

I am not sure how much you or others were exactly advised with regard to the problems whilst recording data for the event. I would take a guess that it wasn't much!

Any how it was totally outside our (or any anybody else's control ) to effect a remedy. The actual problem was that at an exact time frame of between 7pm and 5am the decoding system received a significant interference to such an extent that the signal of the transponders was totally drowned out thus resulting in no identification of passings to which we could allocate either photocell or manual inputted times.

We first became aware of this on Friday evening practice when as soon as the session started we were analysing the noise levels and not recording any data.

I had advised Ian Watson of this and we both spent a considerable amount of time trying to locate the source of the noise levels but were not successful. I did advise Ian that I strongly suspected that we would encounter the same problem on Saturday which unfortunately we did.

I am consulting with the manufacturer of the transponder systems and also attempting to find local sources of transmissions in the area at the specific time frame.

I will advise you of any success with these accordingly.

I apologise for the headache that this caused you and all the teams but can only once again say that the problem was totally outside the control of any person at Snetterton over the weekend.

Regards
David Jones
Sports Timing Services"