Main Menu

MAKING THE GRID AT SILVERSTONE...MAYBE

Started by Frank Barnard, March 26, 2009, 17:06:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Barnard

Just got Aubrey's e.mail saying entries for the above should go to Steve Panas, not the BARC. WHAT?! Has anyone noted today's date? We've been asking for weeks how to accomplish this usually simple process. I for one thought I had finally understood how to do it & submitted my entry for both races to Nicola at the BARC, taking care to explain the added complication that I've taken over Nick Roads entry and will be driving a Hollis Motorsports car. I spoke to her on a number of occasions, to obtain clarification, and at no time did she mention Mr Panas as the man to contact. And now, SIX WORKING DAYS before the event we're informed the whole thing has apparently got to done all over again, another way. Or was it in the small print all the time? Like the changes to the regs? Come on, this is getting a little tedious. I cancelled a drive at Mallory in 2007 (although I was there) surrendering my rentadrive fee in protest at the AGM debacle. Are all racing clubs like this, or is it just the 2CVs? Maybe it's my age, but I feel my patience wearing thin...

Paul Robertson

Last year the club only dealt with full season entries and the barc dealt with the single entries,it now would appear that barc have decided at this late hour to put it onto us to deal with all entries.I don't know why,i'm not sure any of us do,however everyone who wants to race at silverstone should be able to.Now we may not have an entry list or tickets but that's nothing new.
Have a thought for steve though, trying organise this for everyone with a week to do it in.
Paul

Frank Barnard

Thanks for your calming influence Paul. You'd think, what with the cost of BARC racing membership, they'd get themselves sorted. Can't think why Nicola didn't mention this. I spoke to her only days ago. I doubt the Bentley Boys would have put up with it at Brooklands during the BARC's formative years.
So a question to the unfortunate Steve P. What happens now? Have the BARC passed on all the info they've accumulated so far? Or must we start all over again?

philip myatt

I spoke to Nicola yesterday and we are double checking the entries received at both ends to make sure that everyone who's forms/entries have been received is included.

Philip

helen deeley

??? It seems more difficult this year, I just want to go racing.......
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Frank Barnard

So we don't need to contact, or expect to hear further from Aubrey, Steve, Philip or, at the BARC, Nicola because it's all in hand IF you've entered already. Is that right? I only ask because it says on the BARC website that my entry has been accepted (I think) but now I'm not sure by whom. But maybe confirmation is in the post (plus tickets) mailed by someone or other...

Spence_93

Frank Barnard

Just so you know, I received supplementary regs and five tickets from the BARC this morning. No confirmation of my entry, but I assume this is it, kinda...