Main Menu

Championship Registration

Started by Steve Panas, March 18, 2009, 15:26:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Panas

To all those that have entered for the coming season please note that you NEED to register with BARC for the championship. This year there is one form which will cover all meetings excluding the 24. Either request one from Nicola at BARC or register online. When Nicola receives the completed form tickets and final instructions will be issued. I am informed that due to a new admin system that there is a delay in issue of documents for Silverstone at the moment. It is not unusual to receive tickets on the day before the meeting. If any one has any issues with the above please contact me directly thru' normal channels
Steve

Frank Barnard

I've registered for the Championship but, as I keep on asking, how on earth do I actually enter for the races at Silverstone, given that I've taken on Nick Roads already-paid-for entry and plan to drive a Hollis car? Plus the idea of receiving tickets the day before the event is plain daft. What happens if you have to travel up the day (or days) before & like me the post doesn't arrive until 11.30 a.m and sometimes days late anyway? Why does the BARC have to cut things so fine? This also applies to the issuing of race entry forms (I assume such things exist) and the regs. My copy of the regs arrived yesterday. Luckily I don't have a car to prepare. Seems to me that, in terms of BARC delivery, this year is not (what shall we say?) notable for its speed and efficiency. Or am I being unreasonable and they're all doing a jolly good job in awfully difficult circumstances?

Matt Riley

Ditto to Frank's comments there ....

...with an impending addition to the Riley household due in May, Nick G and Simon P will be taking my paid-for entries after Silverstone - I'd assumed we'd get separate entry forms for each race - as we did last year - which they could then complete  ???

... also the "just in time" mailing of tickets makes it a pain to distribute them to team members if they're coming from different parts of the country. I know there are ways around it - leaving tickets at the gate (if the person on the gate is feeling friendly that particular morning) etc etc but it's one of those additional hassles to a race day which appears to be pretty needless...

helen deeley

:-\ I cant remember if I posted the registration form or not, but I just set up a profile on the barc website & did it online, its v easy if that helps! And you can manage the race entry stuff through it as well.
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Frank Barnard

Me & my big mouth. The entry form arrived this morning, and I think I understand how to submit it. Bugger. What grand folks they are at the BARC...

Matt Riley

I still haven't got a clue - but that's pretty much the way I go through life anyway - I'm sure I'll sort it out somehow  8)

Got the Snails Pace Annual through the post yesterday though - another great job by Matt and Richard  ;D