Main Menu

Radio Fine Print again at the 24hr

Started by Martin Harrold, March 22, 2009, 19:55:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek Harnett

Given the commentary booth will be "online" might it be possible to send message inwards via email?

Also, will there be current standings available in real time?

(Simple sounding requests I know, but they may be more difficult than they sound to put inplace).

Steve Panas

Cheers Derek. It might not have to be a full 24 hour race.

Martyn Daniel

Quote from: Chris Yates on July 23, 2009, 13:57:17
That's Alan Hyde, who also does BTCC circuit commentary. Bit of a legend, and is aware of his Alan Partridge similarities :D
A-ha!  Sorry! lol  I think he read out a lot of texts last year during the race that referred to the similarities (hopefully that also answers Derek's question)!

Seriously though, the commentary last year was great.  Informative, entertaining, fun.  It adds a lot to the event.

Martin Harrold

Derek: Good to hear from you again.

Chris Yates is doing a quite outstanding job sorting out the links from the commentary box to the web, and we've had excellent co-operation from Jamie Hopper at Snet.

And, yes, Chris is hoping to set up an inbound email screen in the commentary box, so listeners to the webcast can send in ideas and feedback. We'll post the email address here if we know it before the event, otherwise listen out on the webcast.

Displaying the live timing sounds like a great idea, but I've absolutely no idea how we might make that available. Chris - do you know? Does else anyone reading this? I rather suspect that we'll put it on the wish list for the 2010 race as time is now very short.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Derek Coghill

For the live timing; isn't there an hourly printout? So MST (or whoever's doing it) could make that available. As for the constantly-updating in-the-garage thing, I don't know how you'd do that (supply it to a website?).

Trevor Williams

Speak very nicely to the TSL time keepers either befor ethe event or at Snetterton on Friday evening
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Paul Robertson

£17000 for a 2hr race if my memory is correct.

Chris Yates

I think I will attempt to speak to someone at TSL. I know they can do hourly bulletins that are printed off, and they used to do 'live' updates of results to the website when they were MST. Perhaps we can come to some arrangement this year, even if it's just getting the results to me in computer form which can then be displayed on our website. If it comes to the latter though, updates may be sporadic, as I hope I'll be driving the car some of the time! :)

Trevor Williams

What I meant was to get them to upload the bulletins onto their website during the race so that they are accessible
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Martin Harrold

Chris:  They do upload ptactice times and raceresults, but only as PDF's whereas in the past they seemed to be sort of live. However, if they can do PDF's hourly and you post a link on our site, that would go a long way to offering people the info they need to follow the race. MH

2CV Team LION

Martin Harrold

Take a look at: http://www.citroencarclub.org.uk/PostNuke/  We've today told them about the webcast, and hopefully they'll add that info to their site.

This is a very small but valuable piece of progress as the Citroen Car Club is currently the only Citroen club recognised and supported by Citroen UK. They sent a mobile display unit to La Vie En Bleu at Prescott which was manned by CCC people who organised a very good display of Citroen heritage cars and vans. We have tried to make contact with the recently appointed MD of Citroen UK, Gary Savage, but no response as yet.

Does anyone know whether 2CVGB have been advised of the webcast?
2CV Team LION

Martin Harrold

Just to confirm:

The webcast of the broadcast commentary will be at: www.2cvracing.org.uk. It should start around 5pm, with the race scheduled to start at 5.30pm.

Listeners can email the commentary team at: [email protected]

There is also a Twitter link, under 2CV Racing.

2CV Team LION

Chris Yates

The main 2CVracing.org.uk website has been updated with a new page:

http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/24hrlive

This will hold all the important links for the commentary feed, and how to get in touch with the commentary team on the day.

There may also be another surprise coming on that page, but I won't say anything yet until it's official :)

Chris Yates

I should really finish the above post shouldn't I?

If you've been to the http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/24hrlive page already, you may have noticed the surprise! If not, why haven't you?

Yes, this year we'll have the commentary streamed from the circuit - live text updates via Twitter, and also LIVE video feed from the circuit! We should have at least one camera on board Tony Robinson's car (run by Tete Rouge team), and a controllable camera in the pitlane somewhere. This will give the commentators something to play with the ability to show you the action from the pitlane! We might also have a static camera feed from the pits, and perhaps the timing screen plumbed in as well. More information when we set it all up, hopefully on Friday.

In fact, with that much information coming to your screens at home, why bother going to the racetrack? For the atmosphere of course! Don't miss the real taste of 24hr racing if you can physically get to the track this year.

Nick Roads

looks and sound good - a small suggestion should/could we make the home page default to the 24 hour page for the next 5 days or have a very clear link right at top of home page to the 24 hour live page