Main Menu

Re: Re: Auto Trader race timing

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 01:51:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Mark Crankshaw on June 17, 2003 at 14:53:48:

In Reply to: Re: Auto Trader race timing posted by Roy Eastwood on June 17, 2003 at 13:03:21:

Exactly. 'Force Majeure' in my book means unforeseen and beyond anybody's control. It was foreseen and given that it was, it was within the control of those responsible for timing to arrange for a reliable backup, fix the transponder problem or preferably both between Friday evening and Saturday evening.

Ultimately, simply knowing how many laps each car completed and the order in which they crossed the line at 4 pm is all that is required for the results. The times of intermediate crossings are are just a bonus. I thought the whole idea of illuminated numbers was that cars could be identified by observers so claiming that cars couldn't be identified is nonsense in my opinion.

I run a radio controlled car club and before we bought a transponder system we hand counted cars. Everyone including our 8 year old racers could do it - it's not rocket science.

Sorry for such a negative first post, but it seems to be just one lame excuse after another coming from those responsible at the moment.