Main Menu

Re: Re: Re: Auto Trader race timing

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 01:52:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Terry Collier on June 17, 2003 at 22:45:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Auto Trader race timing posted by Mark Crankshaw on June 17, 2003 at 14:53:48:

Just a general thought. How many other people were running infra red data recording systems during the race? We were and recorded constantly throughout the entire period. I am not an expert but interference with a track pickup seems to be quite difficult. However our normal transponder was not being picked up for 90 minutes and we had to change it, this was before the breakdown. Just a point of ignorance. Was the system used the usual Snetterton one or a special system? If the latter how much practise was done. Even to race we test and practise.

My concern is that we learn and do not repeat mistakes. Mondello last year was not reliable in terms of data recording but was not so high profile luckily.

Having said this my merry band of grey haired world travellors had a great time. Thanks to all of you for racing them so cleanly that despite all their experience each said that it was the best racing they have ever had.

Terry Collier