Main Menu

24hr Questions

Started by Simon Crook, July 12, 2009, 08:06:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Crook

As this will be my first look at the 24hr race I have a couple of questions too ???

Main question: can I park the motorhome in the pits with you lot or do I have to go into the public area (thinking about power)?

question two: how does one keep up to date on who's where/timings etc. I think I read before that you could attach yourself to the track timing using a television and a lead in the garage or does TSL do live timing on the interweb.
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Matthew Hollis

Yes, if you bring a tv and standard aerial connection (I think) you can usually connect to the timing screens in the garage.  But if you can't, you just go into someone else's who can!  Plus there's radio Fine Print too.

I think there is power in all of the paddock but not sure.  There's nothing to stop you parking in the back of the pit area apart from limited space - and it's noisier obviously!

Simon Crook

Thanks Matt, I sure I can squeeze the RV in somewhere close to the fun :o (its only 33ft long)
LUMACA RACING

Lien93

Terry Scannell

Quote from: Matt Hollis on July 12, 2009, 15:25:50
I think there is power in all of the paddock but not sure.  There's nothing to stop you parking in the back of the pit area apart from limited space - and it's noisier obviously!

Simon, as far as I'm aware the only mains power supplies are within the pit garages, pretty sure that there are no power supply points elsewhere in the paddock area for hookups. The other option perhaps if you have a generator is to park on the marshals camping area just before Tyrrells behind the paddock, if you get there early enough you can park close the entrance just behind the paddock and close to the water supply! It's normally a bit quieter there.

But if you want to be close to the action and benefit from a power supply parking up behind the pit garages would be the best option.

Terry

Simon Crook

Thanks Terry

I think that I will take the noisier option (its got wheels I can always move it) the motorhome has got a generator, just dont want to run it for 3 days, I will bring enough cable/splitters with me, so power I hope will  not be an issue.

cheers

posting from my MacBook using Firefox ???
LUMACA RACING