Main Menu

You Guys..........

Started by Olly Doctrove, August 10, 2009, 13:25:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly Doctrove

The dust settles....the hangovers take over.....and we can all reflect.
More than triumphant - more than relieved - this morning I feel truly humbled.
We had a difficult time during our 'preparation(!)' and arrived at the track with a car that needed a complete transformation. Team Hollis had built our engine and supplied a crew who believed they were required to keep the car on the track during the race.....In fact there was a week's worth of prepping still to be done! And it was Friday morning!!!
My mechanic Chris Otefisan worked wonders on Thurs evening even before the crew arrived and his efforts were duly rewarded with the club's prestigious 'Spirit of the Race' award.
Team Hollis also worked wonders to accommodate us - still managing a superb 6th place for their own car - and yet the biggest thanks has to go to, basically, the whole of the pit lane;
Nobody was too busy to help - nobody refused us a quick loan of whatever we needed - many of you swooped by and offered practical advice and solutions - EVERYBODY WAS EXTREMELY POSITIVE AND HELPFUL AND GENUINE - And this is the main reason, along with lots of good luck, that we were able to finish this race.
In addition, the BARC officials bent over backwards to ensure that we would make the start - even giving us three laps in the safety car to qualify us (has that ever happened before?)                                             This all added up to a great weekend in which we beat the odds and saw Sunday's chequered flag.                   
For this reason I just wanted to thank everybody concerned. You've all helped to further enhance the reputation of your fantastic club
A BIG BIG HEARTFELT THANKYOU

Olly Doctrove     Chris Otefisan
101Motorsport