Main Menu

Thank You from the marshals

Started by Dean Watson, August 11, 2009, 12:25:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean Watson

Well where do I begin with my thanks from a small bunch of the marshals that were at Snetterton this weekend?

Firstly thanks must go to you drivers for a great weekend and a great race, and to BARC for organising.

Big thanks to Paul for organising the BBQ which was excelent and was very welcome after the race.

Big thanks also to Team Gadget Racing for providing the entertainment in Tyrrells, my only question would be is Kevin allways like that or was he alchol fueled? no the less he was very entertaining, also our own contribution to the entertainment John the table surfer, and yes he has now increased his tally of broken tables.

Also I would like to extend thanks to the following teams who offered hospitality to a bunch of 15 or so party hungry marshals once Tyrrells had locked up - gadget racing with the in doors swingball challenge, great laugh, great bunch of guys, team fluffy dice ( aka level 42) for the beers during said indoor swingball and for letting the younger members of our marshaling team and merry ladies sit in the car.

Thanks also to the Flying Dutchmen for allowing us in and supplying more beer.

Some congratulations firstly to Tete rouge for winning, to all competitors for finishing the race, and especially to number 60 for keeping going and getting the car ready in one day.

You guys are the BEST bunch of racers in the country, and with out doubt the most marshal friendly. Long live this releationship, long live the 24 hour race, I for one would marshal the 2cv 24 hr if it was once a month.

This for me is the best race meeting of the year, looking forward to next year.

DonaldM

Thank you TO the marshalls. I know what it is like to marshall kart races for short periods of time, but you did hugely long stints and without yu, we couldn't have raced! Thank you!

helen deeley

Bless the orange army. We wouldnt be out to play if it wasnt for you lot, thank you for your dedication. We all really appreciate it  :)
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Aubrey Brocklebank

May also add my thanks to everyone who made it possible, the Marshalls Paul and Steve, Martin and Chris etc etc

What a great end to a fantastic season

Aubrey

Ainslie Bousfield

We couldnt do it without the marshalls. (Break tables that is)

If we had stayed in Tyrells all night I do not think we could have decided who was more mad, the teams or the marshalls! But just remember who had to stay on post all through the fog :D

I will also never forget the lady marshall who ran to the edge of the track to wave us through on the slowing down lap, only to then run away as if in fear of her life, as we came around Sear.  :-*

You are all stars. Especially John as he got the Mike away from Kevin.

See you all in Tyrells next year!

Mary Lindsay

Yes, thank you to all the marshals from us too, on track and in the pit lane the marshalling was brilliant. Always friendly and very efficient, if it wasn't for you all we could not have such a great time. THANK YOU!!!!!

Paul Webster

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and have marshalled at the 24 hour for the last 2 years. I have to say, before the 2008 race I was a litle bit apprehensive about 24 hours of 2CV's. But now, I have to say, you guys are the the BEST racers in the country. Loved every single minute of it. Can't wait for next years race already!

Terry Scannell

Well guys and girls, there's (for once!!) not a lot else I can add -the team are expressing themselves extremely well without any assistance!! Just have a few minutes to have a look at the Marshals pages on the Main site to view the comments I have received over the past few days since the race.  I think the message / secret is starting to spread across the Country!!

I think by now you all know my feelings about the 24hr event, the Classic 2cv Racing Club and above all each and every one of you that makes the Club such a brilliant one for the Marshalling teams to be associated with! It's just amazing how the enthusiasm that you have rubs off on everyone involved in the meeting - for the marshals out on the bank - the safety car team, recovery and rescue/medical teams and the Clerks and Radio/admin team in Race Control.

This is what makes the event work so well every year and it just keeps getting better and better.

Sorry I didn't have chance to personally thank each of you Sunday night (was too busy watching Kevin and John's antics!!) but you are the true stars of British Club racing and a shining example to all other classes involved in British Motorsport on how to race so competitively, so cleanly whilst helping each other in such a totally sporting and unselfish manner. Oh, and ensuring everyone has plenty of fun thrown in for good measure!!!

Best wishes,

Terry
PS - Thanks Chris for all your help with the Marshals pages - it is appreciated!
PPS  30hrs - piece of cake! (well ok for the Marshals!!)