Main Menu

20th anniversary

Started by Paul Robertson, August 12, 2009, 23:49:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey Brocklebank

I have written to the old and new MD of Citroen UK. Whilst Alfa, Mercedes, Porsche etc spend squillions on building their brand with the help of their past successes Citroen seems to think like Enzo that their best model is the next one. I have not even had the courtesy of a reply from the current MD!

Aubrey

Derek Coghill

I was wondering whether it would be better to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the 24hr race or the 20th running of it which would be the year after? I couldn't decide which I thought was better, but possibly tend towards the 20th running.

Paul Robertson

next year will be the 20th running and the 20th anniversary derek.First race 1990 missed 2000.

Derek Coghill

Good point....how fortuitous!

I'll go back to my cupboard.

David Bain

Interestingly Citroen's latest newspaper ad for vans emphasises their history, with pics of an H, an AK and an earlier one I don't know the name of. It was allegedly in the Daily Star on Friday but I don't read the Star, honest.

Russell

Quote from: David Bain on August 24, 2009, 13:22:34
Interestingly Citroen's latest newspaper ad for vans emphasises their history, with pics of an H, an AK and an earlier one I don't know the name of. It was allegedly in the Daily Star on Friday but I don't read the Star, honest.

There is a similar one for thier cars too, with a Traction, DS and 2cv in it.

Martin Harrold

If you visit the Citroen Car Club website, you'll see that Citroen in Chiswick (that's in London) are having a two day display in their showroom devoted to older Citroen cars. We wonder whether this indicates that Citroen are maybe shifting their stance a little on their wonderful engineering heritage.

If anyone has a nice looking 2CV racer and can organise the logistics to get it to Chiswick, then let us now. We'd try to get it 'invited' to the event, and whoever went along might be able to establish some useful contacts within Citroen.

We have good contacts with Brian Drummond at the CCC.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Derek Coghill

I think all the dealers must be doing this, or something like; the one in Edinburgh's asked (low-key) if some older Citroëns could turn up on the 5th September.

Simon Crook

Good opportunity - Martin I have emailed Jennifer Spragg at Citroen LW and offered my car to them.
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Martin Harrold

It's Citroen's 90th celebrations and they do seem to be doing a few retro things.

Here's a note from Citroen, passed to me by Brian Drummond of CCC. It would be great if you, Simon, could get your car along on Oct 3 - it is one of the best turned out racers. I'll be in touch with Jemma and Katie tomorrow, to sound them out and post more info here. I'll suggest that if they have dealers around the country who are putting on a retro event and who'd like to get in touch, then we'll see if a member can arrange to take a 2CV racer along.

"3rd October 2009 – Ace Café London Citroën 90 Years Celebration

As part of a series of events to commemorate ninety years of the Citroën Company, Saturday 3rd October will see simultaneous gatherings of Citroën vehicles of all ages and road runs through many European capital cities.  Entitled the 'Croisiere Blanche' - referring to the famous Citroën expeditions of the twenties and thirties - these nocturnal runs will be headed by Citroëns illuminated with LED lighting during their tour of each capital city.

Ace Café London

Within this concept, Citroën UK has arranged a gathering at the famous Ace Café on the North Circular Road, London - the venue incorporated a Citroën dealership in the post-war years!  All Citroën vehicles will be welcome to take part, and the aim is to have as many models as possible represented of all those produced over the ninety years. Historic or concept vehicles from the Conservatoire may also be on display.

Plaques and prizes

Everyone attending will receive a commemorative event plaque, and in addition, a judge will chose a winner of one car produced in each of the nine decades from 1919 to the present day. The winners will receive 90th Anniversary souvenir packs containing unique items.

Croisiere Blanche

After some hours of informal chat - and awards - at the Ace, as night falls we hope to be able to invite you to join in the Croisiere Blanche itself - this is subject to confirmation of the route details as we go to press. The run will follow a route from the Ace into and around central London, taking in locations of both general and Citroën interest. A route-sheet will be provided, although we shall avoid complex navigation!

All you need to know!

Please arrive from 4pm on Saturday 3rd October. Due to limitations on space, the café frontage will be reserved for vehicles being entered for judging, but there is plenty of additional parking. To make judging, catering and parking easier, you are required to register for the competition in advance. Please email Jemma Chalcroft or Katie Read at Citroën UK with your name, car model and registration number. ([email protected] or katie.read@citroen.com )

The Ace Cafe is located at Ace Corner NW10 7UD, just off the A406 North Circular Road, and is accessible from the Abbey Road junction with the A406 (south-west of the A404). (www.ace-cafe-london.com)

Citroën UK will be filming the event.

Thanks

Citroën UK would like to acknowledge the assistance given by the Citroën Car Club, 2CVGB, and the Traction Owners Club in organising this event - join us to celebrate 90 years of Citroën!"
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Derek Coghill

I'd better check my dates then (the information I had was 3rd-hand).

spanners

Damn, I can see I'm going to have to re-tax my car at the end of September then! 8)
AKA Jonathan. Wanna be racer one day.......................

Simon Crook

Hi Martin

I don't think getting the race car along for the 3rd October at the Ace Cafe (or any other dates/events) will be a problem.

The race car will be on display at Citroen West London Showroom from 11th to 13th September.
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING