Main Menu

2009 Rookie Championship

Started by Simon Crook, August 15, 2009, 09:59:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Crook

Was there a Rookie Championship this season?
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Simon Crook

So with 76 views - I take it that we didn't have a Rookie Championship then ???
LUMACA RACING

Matthew Hollis

I'm not aware of there being an actual separate championship, but there is usually a rookie of the year prize at the dinner/dance.

Simon Crook

Hi Matt

Sorry I thought it was - this was last seasons 'Rookie Championship'

The 2008 Classic 2CV Racing Club "Rookie" Championship will be contested by the following seven drivers.
Darren Baker [90]
Helen Deeley [9]
Jack Gabriel [46]
Martin Hindley [78]
Steve Jaques [43]
Keith Shoebridge [28]
Mark Turner [84]
Points to be awarded as follows per race.
1st - 7pts
2nd - 6pts
3rd - 5pts
4th - 4pts
5th - 3pts
6th - 2pts
7th - 1pt
Positions will be for those drivers finishing only. DNF/DSQ/DNQ will score no points.
Trophy for each winner of each round awarded at post race presentation.
Cash awards for 1st and 2nd and Rookie Trophy awarded at 2008 Dinner Dance.
Rookie Championship table to be published on the website and Snails Pace after each meeting.
Any further enties from this date and up to before Oulton will be considered on their merit as regards inclusion.

well done in the 24hr race

Cheers

Simon
LUMACA RACING

Matthew Hollis

I think it all depends on whether there is someone willing to sponsor or simply organise it (i.e. there used to be a team championship before i started racing, but this had stopped by 2002, so after a while we just decided to organise our own!).  I think in the past few years Steve has been sorting it but that is in addition to his other duties, so it looks like it hasn't happened this year.

I'm sure there will be a trophy, and of course if someone wants to organise a championship for next year then just suggest it to the committee - that's how the team championship works!

Simon Crook

LUMACA RACING

Andrew Bull

Surely its easy, Define 'Rookie'

Eg novice this year
or rookie 2cv racer 

then award the trophy to the highest finisher in the championship whom conforms to the definition.

Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Frank Barnard

2010 Rookie Championship
I'd like to sponsor this next season. I've retired from racing now (I think) but I had a lot of fun with 2CVs and won the Rookie award at Mondello in 1996. Now, in that hackneyed phrase, maybe it's time to put something back. I can't offer to set it up and organise it but I'd certainly be happy to hand over the spoils, such as they are, at Snett next year. Can someone advise if this suggestion would be helpful and, if so, what form the award would take? Cash, trophy, both?

Ainslie Bousfield

Hi Frank

Thank you for your kind offer to sponsor the 2010 Rookie Championship.

I am not sure that there is not a petetual trophy already but if you still have yours that will prove it  :D I might be getting the driver of the year trophy muddled up with the rookie trophy. If someone else can tell us then that would help.

Otherwise, if you are OK with stumping up a trophy I will keep track of the rookies if thats OK with the club.

If you were able to present the trophy at the dinner and dance or the last race of the season that would be ideal.

Frank Barnard

My team was presented with a Waterford glass trophy engraved with a design of a 2CV racing car bursting through a stopwatch marked 24 Hour 2CV Race Mondello Park, plus the dates, 20th-21st July 1996, and below, the legend in a larger typeface Rookie of the Year. You ain't having it back because, apart from other things, I haven't got that many trophies!
Anyway, as it was dated it was obviously an annual award at that time. But perhaps it could be the model for a new one because it's certainly the best such memento I ever received. Thanks to a computer glitch I can't attach a pic but can do later, if it helps.

Matthew Hollis

The rookie trophy was definitely perpetual in 2004 when I won it, because I had to give it back the next year!  Last year (I think) however, I noticed the plaque detailing the winners from at least the late nineties up to the recent years, had been removed to be replaced with a new one with no former winners names on it  :'(

I was very proud to win that trophy, so it would be nice if somehow it could be restored to it's original record (if someone knows what all the names are that should be on it!)

gadget

i think people are getting mixed up.we have a trophy for the rookie of the year,but at mondello we also had a rookie trophy for the 24 hours,and there was a criteria which had to be complied with to be a rookie team.i cant remember the details but i bet i know a man who can

Paul Robertson

I seem to think it was only one driver in the car could have done the race before and not finished in the top ten,or something like that .

Frank Barnard

That's my recollection, too, Paul as applied to the 24-Hours. Wasn't aware of an annual equivalent being offered in the mid-'90s but I'm may be wrong (again).

Trevor Williams

Paul
Absolutely correct.
There also used to be awards for the highest placed all female team (if there were more than one) and I believe an award for the highest placed international team
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!