Main Menu

Toyo tyres

Started by Trevor Williams, September 03, 2009, 15:19:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Lindsay

Demon Tweeks offer a tyre buffing/shaving service at £12 per tyre, not cheap but I have used them and it is reliable.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=TYRBUF

Marc Fenner

Are we still allowed to use the last of the firestones this season? From what i understand it was going to be a possibility?

Paul Robertson

No the agm voted against it.

Mary Lindsay

Hi Phil, my tyres arrived today, many thanks.
Mary

David Power

Hi

We have been told that Toyo might become short supply due to the problems in Japan.

Has anyone heard anything and I wonder if stockpiling might be an option.

As a competitor who has not yet competed, where do we buy these from?

Paul Robertson

Philip Myatt sells everything on behalf of the club

philip myatt

David, I think we have enough in stock to last the season. We ordered in October for this years requirement.
Let me know when you need some.

Derek Coghill

Would I be able to collect four tyres from Snetterton, were I to buy them?

gasklep

I wonder what kind of tire pressures do you guys run them in the UK classic class?
You use a lot less steering input compared to us in the EU classic class based on what I see on onboard movies. Maybe higher tire pressures?

Chris Yates

For our Toyo tyres, we generally run them between 34 and 40 psi. Previously we used Firestone tyres, and we ran them at around 26 psi.

I think some of our cars run a lot of negative camber, and the cars are quite low, which means we don't need much steering input.

Sean

Quote from: gasklep on November 12, 2017, 08:38:55
I wonder what kind of tire pressures do you guys run them in the UK classic class?
You use a lot less steering input compared to us in the EU classic class based on what I see on onboard movies. Maybe higher tire pressures?

King pin inclination/correction after lowering

Ken

Also, if an Ami 8 anti-roll bar has somhow found its way onto a 'Classic' Dyane, that will tend to increase a standard A-series Citroen's inbuilt tendency to understeer.    ;)  

Quote from: Sean on November 18, 2017, 08:45:29
Quote from: gasklep on November 12, 2017, 08:38:55

King pin inclination/correction after lowering