Main Menu

uh oh !! outsider ...... lol

Started by alfsdad, September 22, 2009, 14:45:57

Previous topic - Next topic

alfsdad

hey there guys  and gals , first off sorry for crashin your forum as a total outsider ... im a hot rodder from yorkshire, plannin a 2 cv based roadster, as a bit of back ground research i thought i would log in here , have a read .. and see what i can get from your knowledge of the 2cv  !! we figure that a 1400 ami motor will be the quickest way to get some ooomph .. ( how hard / expensive are these to source?)
or is the 2cv motor easy tuned ?

if there is anyone on here in the yorks area who has a road goin doner car then please get back to me as well ... the ebay prices i have seen are CRAZY ! but then the cars are better than i need ... and i think they should re name thatsite dream bay anyway...

anywhos.. if anyone can be of assistance then thanks a bunch... all the best !

Paul Robertson

Forget the gsa engine not enough power for the weight.Apparantly in OZ they put rx7 engines into the gsa so in theory you could put a gsa gearbox and rx7 engine into a 2cv.

alfsdad

mmm.... well in theory , you can do anythin mate !! but the plan is to do this to a budget , and quickly ! enough un finished projects to keep us goin forever .... what about tunin the orig motor? i have read i cant get one of your club cams but what else do you guys do? what do you get performance wise??

Derek Coghill

Citroën put rotaries in the GS themselves; a few hundred of them as a pre-production trial just before the 70s oil crisis so it never went into production. The Mazda engine's very small - it's the ancillaries that take up the space - so should fit nicely and if you go for an older one (12A?) you'll have a carb and a distributor. 13B (I think) onwards is fuel injected.

Flat 4 Alfa engine can be made to fit too.

Ken Hanna

alfsdad

MMM  tempting ;D
too many hours puttin together , and not enough takin apart maybe... ( wheres my angle grinder ;D)
a more road worthy car maybe a better startin block... although power unit was there .. good thinkin that man , cheers !