6    Philip Myatt
7    Gadget Racing #1
8    Gadget Racing #2
9    Lien Davies, car 93
10   Matthew Hollis
11    Steve Jaques
12    Mick Storey
13    Mike fox
14    Derek Coghill (now, who needs paying...?)
15    Darren Baker
16    Tim ward
17    Alec Graham
18    Lucy Cardell
19    Nick Roads car (driver tba)
20    David O'Keeffe (Level 42 car)
21    Martin Riman + Richard Hollis (just sorting money and entry forms!)
22    Steve Panas + Ainslie Bousefield
23    Keith Shoebridge car
24    Mark Paterson, Car 70
25    Mike Robinson
26    -
27    -
28    -
29    -
30    -
Important - Entry forms, for those who are racing here as a one-off and have not paid for the four chamionship rounds, will be available very shortly.

Martin Harrold

Here, we hope, is the near final entry list for the Motors TV Live event at Mallory. There are still some spaces on the grid, so if you want to make a late entry, call Steve P soonest and he'll see what he can sort.

Any queries on the list, please contact me.

The races will be called:

1 - 'Professional Motor Sport World Expo Challenge'
2 - 'Crusader Vans Challenge'

Both are qualifying rounds of the 2CVParts .com Championship

1    Tony Robinson,  car 88
2    Carl Breeze in Team Fine Print, car 97
3    Simon Crook
4    Roger Lott + Mark Evans
5    Sammie Fritchley
6    Nick Paton in Philip Myatt's car
7    Gadget Racing #1 Wayne C + Simon Clarke
8    Gadget Racing #2 Steve P + Ainslie B
9    Lien Davies, car 93
10   Matthew Hollis
11    Aubrey B in Steve Jaques car
12    Mick Storey
13    Mike Fox
14    Derek Coghill
15    Darren Baker
16    Tim Ward
17    Alec Graham
18    Lucy Cardell
19    Hugh McCurrick in Nick Roads car
20    David O'Keefe in Level 42 car
21    Martin Riman + Richard Hollis
22    Keith Shoebridge car
23    Mark Paterson, car 70
24    Mike Robinson car 99
25    -
26    -
27    -
28    -
29    -
30    -
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Martin Harrold

We've got 24 cars on the Mallory grid, and thanks to all who've entered.

But, we really need another 2 to make 26. If anyone is undecided, then there is a sponsor who is prepared to pay £150 to any car which is not already in the entry list above and which will carry their very big stickers in TV friendly positions on front, back and sides.

If you are short of an engine or tyres, club members may be able to help with loans.

If you want to talk about taking up this offer, call me direct on 07973 303982 or [email protected]

2CV Team LION

Simon Crook

Is there a Website or anything else promoting this? its not on the Motors TV website or on the BARC site either........... (not even the race time table) - I am trying to get the sponsors excited about the race and its proving a little difficult!
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Martin Harrold

We are currently in active contact with the PR people at Motors TV. Mick Storey has written a few words and they should use some of the cleaner paras in their build up to the event, with some pics from Maria, and which should start very shortly. They would normally only trail something like this a couple of weeks prior.

As for BARC - well it's possible that if we send the something they might place it on the website, but PR is not their greatest strength.

If you've got any angles you think you can get some more covereage, we'd be pelased to help you with pics and copy.

2CV Team LION

Simon Crook

Thanks Martin I will keep looking - I am talking too a couple more companies at the moment (trying to secure funding for round 3) my worry is it will be too late for them to act on it - TV coverage interest them both and both may be able to help out later in the season with equipment (generators/tower lights and marquees) for the 24hr race...............
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Trevor Williams

The first race looked great at Mallory, but on TV it was AWESOME!!!! Well done to all involved!!
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

My mum watched it, and said that the commentator (Barry Lee - I presume it's the same one?) really enjoyed it.

Having my post-race beer...at 2am.....

Frank Barnard

I chose Mallory over Monaco. Wise move. Race of the day? The first 2CV counter. Was it four abreast over the line? Fantastic. Overall a tribute to the health and competitiveness of club racing. Retired from racing? Forget it. Back next season. And yes Derek, it was that Barry Lee. Used to watch him on the ovals. In 1971 he presented me with a one-inch high trophy for winning my class in the Henley Motor Club's autocross championship. Great to hear him again, knowledgeable & as wry as ever though I don't recall him coming across as such a geezer. Anyway, congratulations to the Club for stageing such sensational racing. Driving standards were breathtaking as the established ace Michael Vergers discovered. Maybe consideration should be given to a driver team for the Vingt-Quatre Heures proper?

Steve Panas

Michael Vergers has competed in the 24 before with us and has already booked a car for his Le Mans GT2 co drivers. You want to race the professionals then book your grid slot now.  ;D

Frank Barnard

Catherine Noble

Unfortunately ... I don't have satellite tv so couldn't watch and it wasn't streamed online, pity. However! Thread was also started over on 2cvGB and people did tune in, one happy member who has given me permission to copy his quote over ...

"Originally Posted by peter johnston 
Watched both heats this afternoon. Really close and thoroughly enjoyable racing. Even the commentators were pro-2CV and helped to make the races even more fun. I hope that Motors TV can do this again.  :)

Pete."

Seen you about soon  ;)

C x

Frank Barnard

PS to Steve Panas:
My comments about Michael Vergers were intended to be a light-hearted compliment to the prowess of the Club's drivers, not to provoke a fierce defence of Mr Vergers ability and achievements of which I am well aware...

Steve Panas

Many congratulations to Martin Harrold for having the vision to arrange the necessary bits behind the scenes. The actual race was one of the best. The production by Motors TV was amazing. The 2CVs appeared to be just as fast as many others. As this was somewhat of a experiment for the promotor I believe he won't be disappointed. If the club were to invited to participate in further meetings of this type I think we should do our utmost to accept now we have seen how the whole project works This has potentially taken the club onto higher [safer] ground. Let's see what the written media have to say. ::)   

Derek Coghill

It's been ages since we've had 10-lap sprints - I really enjoyed it (sorry about the tail-light...). My only slight grumble/ point of concern was to do with the forming-up prior to the start; whether this was due to people not knowing what they were supposed to do or because the pace car was going too fast I'm not sure, but from after halfway back the field wasn't really 2 abreast.

Like you say, I await the media reports with interest....