Main Menu

2010 Race by Race costs

Started by Trevor Williams, February 10, 2010, 09:31:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

Can someone please tell me what the costs are to enter the races on a round by round basis?

The entry form says that this will be administered by BARC, but BARC's response is that they charge the Club, and it is up to the club to sort that out

A quick response would be appreciated

Thanks

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Paul Robertson

I think last year it was £360 per meeting trev.

Trevor Williams

Derek Coghill

Does that include the Mallory one, Paul? Or is that £300 as suggested by Martin elsewhere (in that the meeting is organised by others and we're going by what they're charging)?

Paul Robertson

You would have to think that mallory will be £300 derek,it says so in martin's post.

Martin Harrold

I was told £300 per car for the two races at Mallory, by the promoter, Magnus Laird, a while ago. Given the normal rate for 2010 apears to be £360, that makes an allowance for the shorter races. It assumes 30 cars on the grid, and from what I've seen, we're still a bit short. However, I've seen nothing in writing yet from Magnus, so I'll give him a call.

I believe that BARC are the organising club, so at some stage, the issue of a 'single event' entry for Mallory will need to be sorted with them.

It looks like one race at Mallory will be called the 'Motor Sport World Expo Challenge', with support from Tony Robinson's organisation. A possibility for the other is that it might be called 'The Citroen Cup', but there are still some other possibilities.

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Trevor Williams

Can I get an accuate cost fo rthe race by race entries this season. Also, can someone please confirm how you would go about entering the races one at a time? BARC pointed me in the direction of the Club, but the membership bumpf says that BARC deal with it
Also, can someone please tell me what the score is with the Oulton Round. Are we qualifying on the Saturday and racing on the Monday?
Answers to all of these questions are needed before I decide how I will enter the season

Paul Robertson

As far as i am aware trev, steve is the man to ask.It might be better to email him than look for answers on here .

Trevor Williams

Cheers Paul, I've sent Steve an email today

Trevor Williams

So, is there a form for race by race entries (as per Christine's post in Club Notices) or do i just send a cheque to Steve?
Cheers
Trevor

Paul Robertson

I saw it the other day trev,so it must be imminent.in fact if you like i'll forward it to you.

Trevor Williams

If you could Paul, that would be good. Thanks

Chris Yates

Trevor Williams

Christine Savage

just noticed that on the join us page it says that associate membership is £20... it isn't, it's £15 as per the form.