Main Menu

Online Coverage

Started by Catherine Noble, August 22, 2010, 17:17:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine Noble

Well done to all involved in the online coverage, greatly enjoyed in Scotland.

Commentary good, ability to communicate with commentators good. Images good, though out of synch with commentary in places and quite funny when you could see online who'd spun off but nobody could get the info to the two with the mics :D

Only one complaint! Would have been nice to see the presentation of awards, but all coverage ceased without a cheerio. Unfortunate but maybe a consideration for next time?

Again, many thanks, I appreciated the effort put in by all those involved :)

C x

Catherine Noble

Been a lovely comment over on 2cvGB forum after a posting of a final screen shot of the timing board ...

"Team Safety car really should have tried a bit harder"

Tee hee!

C x

Terry Scannell

Hi Catherine

As a member of "Team Safety Car" throughout the 24hrs I can confirm that we we could have been much higher up the timing board as the drivers I had along side me were definately keen to get many more laps in.

However there was one major problem that caused us to be as far behind as we were on the lap count - that is the extremely high driving standards that all the 2cv drivers demontrated thoughout the race and especially during the early Sunday morning heavy rain spell, combined with the lack of on circuit breakdowns - this being a testimonial to the quality of preparation by everyone involved!

During the Sunday 10am to 2pm period the BMW became known as the "World's most expensive sun lounger!" by certain members of the startline crew.

Indeed I think it must be a record for the least number of safety car periods since the race has been held at Snet.

I would also like to thank all the drivers for their assistance and co-operation during the actual Safety Car periods and any subsequent wave pasts! If only drivers in some other championships were as good as you guys and girls when under Safety Car conditions.

Looking forward to seeing you all go past us in the pit lane again next year!!  

Best wishes,

Terry