Main Menu

Refuelling and tuff jugs

Started by Derek Coghill, March 30, 2011, 15:33:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Crook

Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Derek Coghill

Ah, ok; I thought you were talking modifying the spout bit, rather than the filler neck (which is what you said...) - I was having a quick interweb session after getting home from a gig in Glasgow, a bit frazzled perhaps!
(must stop accepting gigs on school nights...)
D.

Alec Graham

to clarify
i assume it doesn't matter where the exhaust exits so long as we reach the required noise levels.

philip myatt

for croft the exhaust must point away from the noise meter.
On a rhd car this means it needs to exit towards the drivers side.

Alec Graham

is the noise measured from lhs then? or rhs

Derek Coghill

Measured from the left, hence the right-facing exit.

philip myatt

the fixed noise meter is at Sunny Out about 10m from the track edge on the lhs, the exhaust needs to point away from this.

Derek Coghill

Rubber hose and cap arrived today; thanks very much.

Simon Crook

Mine has arrived too, and now fitted ;D
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

barney rubble

Phil has sugested that when you fit your fuel neck in order to make the fuel cap fit as it is a bit tight(unlike the one in the prototype) you should grind out the weld on the small vent pipe i think you would be better suited taking a small amount off the bottom metal part of the filler cap this to me makes much more sence! grinding the weld out should be ok but if it has caused you a problem come see me at snet in the gadget garage and i will sort it out for you or call me 07977579446

Cheers Tony  AKA "the gobby mechanic"

Derek Coghill

I just filed it a bit and it's fine; somewhat more subtle than grinding!

Sean

Is this going to be the year of carborundum and saniless grit in the fuel filter then ;D