Main Menu

marshals trying again

Started by gravel_monkey, May 23, 2011, 23:38:22

Previous topic - Next topic

gravel_monkey

righto, have tried before but time got in the way so a few of us marshals have decided to try and get a car running for charity for next year, 2012.
can anyone point us in the right direction of whome to speak to for some advice,
daft things we would prob need to know,
the car, we would probably have to rent a car, so cost etc
most of the probable drivers have either had or have an ards but may need to renew, would we have to do any rounds before hand,
all simple things like this,
2 of us work for barclays bank who will be matching any money we raise for whichever charity we decide to run for
also we know some high profile btcc and brit gt lads who would fill in a seat for us
any help appreciated
andy

Paul Robertson

A car to rent will probably cost upwards of £2000 depending on package.
Entry fee £1800
Fuel £400
Tyres£300
Catering £1000+
You don't have to do any previous rounds but getting used to the car before the event is a must.

gravel_monkey

cheers paul, so were lookin at 6k ish then, hopefully the plan is to raise enough with ourselves throwin in a decent amount each to pay for the race and have a nice cheque left over for a chaity, with 2 of us working for barclays they match whetever we raise so should be doable

Simon Crook

Andy come have a chat at this years 24hr - we may be able to help with 2012
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Trevor Williams

Andy
Where are you marshalling over the next few months? I may be clerking at the same places and could give you any pointers etc you may require
Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Simon Crook

Trevor are you doing Snetterton? I do hope so ;D
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Trevor Williams

Afraid not this year Simon, I will be getting rained on in Spa at the F1 GP  ;D
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

Rain? At Spa? The weather was gorgeous the last time I was there....!