Main Menu

The crash that cost us 7th place : Onboard Video

Started by Maxx, August 31, 2011, 14:29:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Have posted a few videos up already on my channel but this is from the last 75mins.

With 75mins to go we were in a comfortable 7th place, 8 laps ahead of the next chasing car and no more stops required. Team Manager and 24Hr veteran Greg Page was in the car when he got punted mercilessly into the gravel at Murrarys by Car 17, one of the European cars. Having had electrical/charging problems all race we were now just running on battery power and there was just not enough juice to start the car so we ended up being towed back losing time and with the associated penalty.

Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVSehIllmxY

Whilst posting I would just like to say what a fabulous event this was and what a great bunch of people the Iceni team were. I'd only secured the drive a few weeks before and realised at about 6am why I love this race and will def be back next year.

Also thanks to all the other competitors, their drivers, teams & helpers, the officials, marshals and everyone else who helped with or attended the event.

Malcolm

Matthew Hollis

Quote from: Maxx on August 31, 2011, 14:29:41

With 75mins to go we were in a comfortable 7th place, 8 laps ahead of the next chasing car and no more stops required. Team Manager and 24Hr veteran Greg Page was in the car when he got punted mercilessly into the gravel at Murrarys by Car 17, one of the European cars. Having had electrical/charging problems all race we were now just running on battery power and there was just not enough juice to start the car so we ended up being towed back losing time and with the associated penalty.

Don't worry, according to Autosport it never happened!  ;)