Main Menu

Spa 24Hr British entries

Started by Andrew Bull, October 08, 2011, 20:04:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Bull

may i wish Team 'Tete Rouge Stealth Time' best of british luck at the Spa 24hr race next weekend.  Sorry i cant be with you all but I'll be there in spirit and watching with interest.  This Prototype entry is looking strong, keep your eyes out for them. Car no. 39. 

Also to our friends running from the Whitwell stable, Phil, Nick and co, who are running an almost british spec car, good luck. 

Lets have some british beef on the podium in both classes your running in. 

Bully

Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

philip myatt

Thanks for the luck Andy, it worked for us.
The Rent Boys, Nick, Alec and Philip (standing in for Meyrick) running with Whitwell Motorsport in the Snetterton 24hr winning car had a fantastic weekend finishing in 14th place overall, having qualified 38th, one place in front of Tete Rouge Stealth Time.
During the race we competed in 3 different classes, starting in the Ameorilee Class we were 2nd after 12hrs when the organisers decided that we were too fast so we were moved into a guest class, totally in a "class of our own" as there were no other competitors in this class!! Having queried this we were then moved into the experimental class where we finished 2nd in class. So two 2nd places in class and one win all in one race!!!
Just need a few more English cars over there so that we can have our own class.
A fantastic race that is remarkably good fun in an English car.
See you all next year?

Philip

Mary Lindsay

Well done to the team, it sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm not sure if Wild Thing is up to it though.......

Did it rain as it usually does at Spa?

philip myatt

It was gloriously sunny all weekend!!
The downside was that it was unbelievably cold during the night.

Mary Lindsay

Do you think our relatively slow 24 hour car would get in the way of other faster cars or would it be acceptable?

philip myatt

all the English cars would be quicker than the "Classic Class" cars.

Derek Coghill

I noticed that the Classic class entry had increased.... was it foggy at night again?

Mary, you'd be fine!

Nick Roads

I was in Burton again this year with a wonderfully friendly Belgian team

Number of European 'Classic' 2cv's increased to 8 this year - they are probably slower than UK economy class. 12 Hours in as they were reliable 6 of them were in the Top30 (out of 52)

Rent Boys did brilliantly, probably because I was in the same garage as them

Tete Rouge Stealth had a bit of a nightmare - car 39 which did fewer laps than its race number

One car only completed 7 laps and quite a few did not finish so they were lots of other teams with problems.

If the Burton is not racing next year then I would definitely try and bring my car. Club are trying to get an attractive deal so that UK cars will get a discounted entry for Spa and vice versa to cover the greater distances etc.

Track is very wide and easy to pass with the different speeds. Hybrids were lapping under/around 3'30" while Classics were over 4'30". Rent Boys somehow were lapping around 3'56" and Philip managed a 3'51". A more realistic target for a UK spec car would be to try and get under 4 minutes.

Racing is not as close as in the UK  as the track is so much easier to pass on, and maybe as they Europeans don't seem to like cars slip-streaming.

IF TEAMS ARE INTERRESTED IN DOING SPA AND SNETTERTON NEXT YEAR AS A POSSIBILITY IT WOULD HELP IF THEY COULD CONTACT PHILIP, PAUL OR MYSELF SO WE HAVE AN IDEA OF NUMBERS.

Simon Crook

Well done to all, great achievement to all involved, we all know how hard it is just to organise ourselves racing at Snetterton, let alone to take it on in a different Country.
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Paul Robertson

Quote from: Simon Crook on October 19, 2011, 09:45:12
Well done to all, great achievement to all involved, we all know how hard it is just to organise ourselves racing at Snetterton, let alone to take it on in a different Country.
Well here's one for you to all mull over then,we have been approached by the Spanish 2cv club whilst at spa who are holding the 2cv world meeting in 2013,they would like to have a 24hr race running over the course of the weekend,10,000+ visitors are expected. The circuit is alcaniz(motorland aragon) they have also invited the belgian club as well.Some major logistics/costs involved but a huge opportunity.

Paul

Simon Crook

LUMACA RACING

Andy Craig-Smith

Spannish 24H sounds very interesting, at least we won't have to worry about the carbs iceing up in the middle of the night unlike at Spa !!! 8)
Rocket Dog Racing

Simon Crook

not that hard to get too either - Portsmouth Bilbao ferry - then a little drive (450k) down to the track or for me (Swindon) a little under 1000m if we drove through France!
LUMACA RACING

Mary Lindsay

Do you need an International C licence for this event?

Trevor Williams

That would depend on the organisers! If they did it as a National event and got it NEAFP'd then I would expect the minimum requirement would be a National A.
If not, then unless you were a professional driver, I would expect International to be the minimum.
Of course, that all depends on the Spanish governing body's regulations.......
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!