Main Menu

looking at joining economy class so few questions..

Started by Danny b, November 06, 2011, 21:32:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny b

Hi all, Just prepping my 2cv at the moment and I think this class will be perfect for me to start in and keep costs down ;D
I like the idea of the belgium arms mod so is this allowed in economy class? I have also read that adjustable shocks are a no so what non adjustable shock would be advised? Think I pretty much understand the rest of the regs but any other hints tips or general advise would be welcomed.

many thanks
Danny

Derek Coghill

Do you have, or have access to, gas welding equipment? You can uprate your standard shock absorbers if you do......

Drill out the dent, drain existing oil, clean surface, braze on a nut, refill shock with oil of choice, seal with bolt and copper washer.

Hey presto, cheap damping upgrade.....

Danny b

awsome.. yes I have oxy/acet gas equipment  8) Thats a great tip!

Bart van Wijngaarden

Richard hollis

Hi Danny,

I understand you are in Northamptonshire. I live in Wellingborough and i ran a car in the economy class last year so if you need any advice or want to come and look at a car then let me know       - email address is [email protected]

Danny b

Thanks for the link.
Richard I live in rushden so very close, be nice if I can come for a look.

Thanks
Danny

Trevor Williams

Don't forget to measure the volume of oil that comes out! Ran for a couple of seasons a few years back on this modification. Works fine and is a good budget alternative to adjustable shocks
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!