Main Menu

2012 24 Hour Race - August 25/26/27 Snetterton

Started by Nick Roads, January 07, 2012, 18:36:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Roads

We are finalising the details of the 24 Hour Race 2012.

It looks certain to be at Snetterton again.
Provisional date from MSV and BARC is for the race to be over the Bank Holiday weekend of 25/26/27 August 2011.

We are planning on inviting the European 2CV Class cars again (to be confirmed at AGM) to the 24 Hour Race. The European organisers would like to try and attract UK Class cars to race at the 24Hour race in Spa, October 19 to 21 2012. We continue to negotiate with them and expect to be able to offer a heavily discounted entry price for SPA if teams want to do both races.

There are no significant changes to the technical regulations which would results in extra costs for teams who competed last year at present.

The Championship race dates remain the same but are subject to change as not finalised by BARC. Croft may be a 1 day event (21 July) with a club BBQ after the racing.

24/03/2012         OULTON (NW) - 2 x 20 minute races
05-06/05/2012    SILVERSTONE - 2 x 20 minute races
04/06/2012         MALLORY (LIVE TV) - 2 x 10 minute races
21-22/07/2012    CROFT - 2 x 20 minute races

2013 - We are considering an early May date for the 24 Hour Race 2013 rather than August. This is as there is likely to be a one-off 24 Hour race in Spain as part of the 20th world meeting http://www.2cvspain2013.com/2013/. Over 8000 standard 2cv's expected to attend and up to 100 will be racing. Some UK teams as detailed elsewhere on this forum are planning on going and would not be able to do 2 races in a month.

Expect to be able to update further on dates and entry costs etc at the end of January.

Mick Storey

Flippin heck, sounds amazing, need to start saving.
Definitely up for Spain and would like to have a go at Spa, dosh and remnants of car permitting.
Are we having an AGM?

Paul Robertson

Quote from: Mick Storey on January 08, 2012, 10:05:45
Flippin heck, sounds amazing, need to start saving.
Definitely up for Spain and would like to have a go at Spa, dosh and remnants of car permitting.
Are we having an AGM?
yes mick, probably sometime after the first meeting.

Nick Paton

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Spa race... We had a fantastic time at this year's race even though we were the only UK-spec car there, racing against aerodynamically modded Eurocars.  Its doesnt take that long to get out there either, especially if you can blag a lift in Philips motorhome (also modded...)  If you haven't been to Spa - its mega.... 2nd best circuit in the world, IMHO.

Alec Graham

Iagree

And the racing is really interesting because the rules develop and change during the race.

Derek Coghill

Spa's fabulous. We had a great time there....and were the highest-placed UK car that year.....

Which Spanish circuit would be used?

Paul Robertson

Derek Coghill

Looks good. It'd be interesting to race in proper heat! I presume that the Spanish race (like Spa) will require a National A licence?

N.B. this is a prod for those that don't have one to collect the required signatures!

Trevor Williams

I see from the Truck regulations that they have races at Snetterton pencilled in over the Bank Holiday weekend (subject to the circuit getting a licence to run truck races)....... Would make for an interesting paddock  :)
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Mick Storey

Nick Roads

SPA

to answer Mick's question

£ 1190 assuming a team have entered the UK race and enter via UK club by 3 September
we have got their agreement that this does not need to be confirmed until after our race in case of serious damage to team, car, drivers.

see entry form I added today
http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1787.0.html

text from that:

Race in the Spa 24 Hour Race at a 50% discount

International Entries for UK Race – We have an agreement with the 2CV Racing Club in Belgium so that their members can participate in the UK race by entering via their National Organisation. We have a reciprocal agreement with them as follows:

Additional 24 Hour Race at Spa, October 2012 for UK 2cv Racing Club Members.

Any team entered in the UK Championship can enter the 2cv 24 Hour Race in Spa (expected to be 20 October 2012) at a discounted rate of £ 1190. Full Payment to be received in Classic 2CV Racing Club bank by 3 September.  There is no deposit but please indicate here if you are considering so we can advise the Belgian organisers of potential numbers.

Trevor Williams

Quote from: Derek Coghill on January 15, 2012, 22:31:58
Looks good. It'd be interesting to race in proper heat! I presume that the Spanish race (like Spa) will require a National A licence?

N.B. this is a prod for those that don't have one to collect the required signatures!

This is another prod for those intending to do the Spa race......
The FIA in their wisdom have changed the International Sporting Code regarding this, you will have to have in your possession a letter from the MSA authorising you to compete abroad as well as a National A licence (as minimum). No letter, you will be turned away....

Contact the MSA licence department and they will email you the relevant letter
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!