Started by Chris Yates, January 08, 2012, 18:46:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

I've started this thread to provide a place for:

• drivers looking for places
  • teams looking for drivers/mechanics

to advertise their services for 2012.

abfitness2cv

Hi to all on the 2cv forum, I am looking to participate in this years race. I attended last year as a guest of a driver and was thoroughly impressed with the event, from the cars to the spirit of the competitors, organisers etc. I am male, based in East Midlands, 30 years old, 5ft9, approx 76kg and physically very fit (day job= personal trainer) A novice in motorsport in terms of racing experience but a huge fan for many years. Would love to test one of the fantastic little cars at some point. I will not disappoint and very much look forward to hearing from anyone who can help. Thanks AB.

Chris Yates

Do you have a competition racing licence?

Paul Robertson

abfitness2cv

Quote from: Paul Robertson on January 26, 2012, 15:46:24
Where in the east midlands?

Hi Chris and Paul, doing my full day ARDS at Silverstone in a couple of weeks. I am just off the A1 between Stamford and Grantham, work mainly in Leicestershire and Rutland.

abfitness2cv

Would also be very interested in participating in any of the rounds prior to the 24hr Race. My aim is to do the 24hr and maybe one other this year. I will aim for a full season next year. I've been watching the on-board stuff on you-tube, these little beasts look amazing fun! The close racing (mostly clean) is very appealing.   

Paul Robertson

i might be able to help you out with a car and you're not too far away.

abfitness2cv

Thanks Paul, I would like to meet you to discuss any potential racing opportunities, financial requirements and have a look around a car. It would be good for me to learn what I can from your your considerable 2CV racing knowledge.

Paul Robertson

Let me know when you want to come.There are a couple of cars for sale if you want to buy .

Andrew Knight

Hello all.

For the 3rd year running im going to try and get a drive ha ha!
Ive got a budget but anything under a grand would be nice!

Paul Robertson

Ask Glenn Oswin he might have a seat available or Steve Jaques he told me he was a driver short however i doubt a grand will get you a drive more like £1500 +

Andrew Knight

Cheers Paul,

I didnt think I would get something for a G, just a little joke.

I'll contact the guys you mentioned. Looks like great fun. How do people camp? I assume motorhomes and caravans, would I be the only person in a tent? Haha.

Derek Coghill

Lots of tents, you can be sure of that.....

keith

Morning All

Looking for three drivers for the 24 Hour event please contact me for details .

[email protected]
or

Tom Perry

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a drive in this years 24hr race (late notice I know as im sure many line ups have already been sorted). I've been working for a team for the last 4 years (No. 42 car) and I can't take the jealousy anymore so I've decided this year to try and find a drive. I've had my race license since last year and have competed in a few races in the Ginetta Challenge Championship (also got lots of karting experience).

I'm planning on coming to Mallory so would be a good oppotunity to meet people or alternatively would be willing to meet up elsewhere if not convenient (Im currently living in south London). Im trying to convince 2 experienced mechanics to help out at Snetterton as well (both have run numerous cars during previous 24hr races) and would also be interested in competing at Croft in preparation for the 24hr.

Thanks

Tom