Main Menu

The 2012 matchmaking thread

Started by Chris Yates, January 08, 2012, 18:46:58

Previous topic - Next topic

nick moore

Hi, I am very interested in competing in the 24hr race this year. I had the chance to last year but unfortunately had to turn it down due to family issues but still came along to watch and spent the weekend at the circuit. However, this year I believe that the possibility to compete is foreable and therefore would love to race for any team.
I passed my ARDS test last summer at the snetterton circuit but have not yet competed in any races making me a complete novice. I still have a great knowledge of the snetterton circuit however, as I live in Ketteringham, Norfolk and have therefore participated in trackdays and test sessions after being linked with Ginetta Challenge teams (TJ Motorsport). I believe that because of this I have a good knowledge of the track and race craft which should be beneficial to the team despite having never driven a 2cv. I also have vast karting experience (don't know if this helps..?) and have always been brought up around motorsport.
Weight: 12.5st (est)
Height: 5ft9 (est)
Licence: National B
Mobile: 07771798965

I am willing to meet the team before the race weekend and even have a drive around any circuit aslong as it is not too far away from where I live.
Thankyou,
Nick Moore

Martin Harrold

Tom: Looks like we may have a seat available for Snet. Come and see us at Mallory, look for the big blue Team Fine Print truck. Or call me on 07973 303982. A mechanic or two would come in handy as well.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Frank Barnard

Replying to your comment elsewhere:
And there was I looking forward to another trip up the hill. As I say, maybe next time. I drove at Prescott numbers of times: single-seaters, sports etc. Recall one time watching others negotiating the hairpin and pointing out to a non-racing guest what they were doing wrong. When it came to my turn in my Dulon I span off, but don't let that put you off...

neandethal

Hi,

Due to a change in circumstance one of my team has had to drop out of the 24 hour race and i therefore have a seat on offer.
We are all novices in 2cv`s this year, 2 drivers have yet to get behind the wheel but one had done formula ford racde experienece and one has a 600bhp evo 10 he does track days with, i think i`m the newbie having done the sprint series so far as my only car experience.
car still needs some fettleing but did finish 4th in 2006 so must have something about it, and is getting ont he pace in the sprint series.

not sure on costs but have seen what others are charging, if interested give me a call or pm,cheers, Ian.

Pete Sparrow

My dad (Adrian Sparrow - grease monkey racing)) is looking for a driver for the 24hr
won't be stupidly expensive but will be fun and you might get food. Give the old boy a call but speak up cos he's DEAF. 01189 732601 or 01344 771778
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Martin Harrold

Tom had three teams to choose from at Mallory and decided to go with another for the 24hr, not us. Everyone saw that our car was a winner, and we've still not done the final set-up for the enduro. So, Team Fine Print still has a seat available in 97. Call me on 07973 303982.
2CV Team LION

Thorney

Quote from: Martin HARROLD on June 09, 2012, 20:33:33
Tom had three teams to choose from at Mallory and decided to go with another for the 24hr, not us. Everyone saw that our car was a winner, and we've still not done the final set-up for the enduro. So, Team Fine Print still has a seat available in 97. Call me on 07973 303982.

Martin.. quick question? Is the drive still available?

Mike Thorne

Martin Harrold

At the moment, it is, so give me a call on 07973 303982 to chat.
2CV Team LION

abfitness2cv

Team Matrix with AB Fitness may have a drive available for the 24hr. We bought the car at the start of the year that had numerous problems and was slow. Round by round we've been working away to make it more competitive and it's almost there in sprint race pace (even with a complete Novice like me it's capable of top 10's running the slower solex carb). The team has won races in historic formula 3, Locost,Radicals and the Goodwood revival. As for the 24hr race, the Team has plenty of enduro race experience from the fun cup to britcar and 2 of our drivers competed in last years 2cv 24hr race. We will be running a fully supported Team. Our aim is to enjoy the event and finish in a respectable postion. We have a test planned to work on our 24hr set up and hope to have our driver line-up finalised by then. The Team are doing this properly, no corner cutting so if you are after the cheapest drive, perhaps our seat is not the best option for you. However, we wont be the most expensive option either. Inbox me if this is of interest, Adam.

Martin Riman

Team Twin Snails car No:41 has a drive available for the 24Hr race. We have a full crew of mechanics, Spares, Helpers and Catering so it will be a nice relaxed weekend with nothing to do except drive. Please contact Aubrey Brocklebank (07973744828) or Mark Heywood (07836384035) for more details and costs etc.

Some Swede person

Car #44(whitwell, Nick Patons 2nd car) is looking for 2 drivers, having had precisely that number of drivers backing out in the last week and a half for workrelated reasons. Its kinda urgent since either I will have to get the manpower up to 3 drivers or not enter the car, which would be a shame seeing how fantastic I did last WE at Croft, trailing Alecs fastest racelap with a mere 0.05 seconds.
So basically the car is good for fastest racelap with the right driver. Which i was until 5th lap when Alec proved me wrong ;)
Car is good for a top 5 or better, assuming no dodgy stuff happens and everyone driving is fairly equal in speed.
PM pls if interested, price for sure not the cheapest but about the same as the other wellsorted cars run by the big teams.

Else by Sunday I will be in the market for a seat, with about the same aim as above  ;D

Swine Gull

I am looking for a drive for the 24hr. I have competed in every round this year in car 59. I have driven all season without damaging the car. I have also been Karting very regularly for the past 12 years and so have a very good understanding of racecraft. I won't have internet access for the next week so here is my mobile number 07951 430331 .

nick moore

hi... I am guessing it is too late to join a team for the 24hour race? Have been away with illness and have only just been able to enquire.
Thanks,
Nick

Derek Coghill

It looks like we're after a fourth driver for team dogfish. Novices welcome; even 4-way split on costs. D.

Frank Barnard

Derek, are you still looking? I'm at Snett on Friday testing with Hollis but nothing fell right to take a drive. As I'm there it seems daft not to stay on and compete. PS: How are those race boots getting on?