Main Menu

Spa

Started by Mick Storey, May 17, 2012, 12:28:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Storey

If you go to Spa, do you need a different size of fire extinguisher. are there any other foibles ie the seat being in date was one

Derek Coghill

Not sure; I'll see if I can find a link to download their regs. How's your French?

Steve Panas

;D Don't assume anything with the **** there. They just make up the rules as they go along. The more obscure rules come out the quicker you are. ;) ;)

Derek Coghill

Here you are; "reglement technique 2CV 2012" is the one you want, although if enough cars go across we can have our own class, the provision for which already exists, I think.

The only thing that we fell foul of for scrutineering was that the front indicators had to work; our regs only ask for rears.

http://www.24h2cv.be/072cvrtfr.htm

(I haven't read it yet)

Nick Roads

We have asked the Organisers to advise us of any specific rules that will apply to UK cars who are racing as part of the discounted price offer for those who compete at Snetterton.
They hope to do this in June and I was going to update then.

The date is now confirmed as 26-27-28 October 2012. £ 1190 entry fee for any UK team to do the 24 Hour Spa race that has entered (and paid!) for the UK race.

What is likely is that UK cars will race in their own 'class'. By doing this one advantage is that we can run to our own technical regulations other than for safety, these will be as agreed by the Classic 2cv Racing Club and do not have to be the same as for Snetterton. So for example we could run on different tyres and carburettors to any of their championships. This has been agreed, in part, to try and avoid some of the problems for UK teams in the past.

If a UK team wants to enter one of the Euro classes (eg use a completely different car) then they will need to meet those regulations and also cannot use the discounted entry fee to do so.

Safety is determined by Belgium and Spa regulations. It is very very likely that the following will be different from UK regs:

* all seats must be less than 5 years old. They will check the seat stamps
* drivers need full FIA approved overalls, underwear, socks, gloves and boots
* National A licences

It is accepted we can use Tuff Jugs and that refuelling system. More than 4 drivers per team are ok.

Important to note to that both clubs have a shared interest in getting grid numbers as high as possible at both races. They want to encourage as many entries as possible so if we accept that we cannot win their classes then they will let us broadly run to the technical regulations we feel like. This what we did for them last year and will do this.

Derek Coghill

Nick,

What if only 2 cars decide to race there? Will they be disallowed the offered cheap entry, even if they meet the criteria for one of the euro classes?

Paul Robertson

As long as you have entered snetterton in an C2cvRC car you can race at spa in a C2cvRC car for the quoted amount.

Nick Roads

Spa Update - 1 July

To get a flavour of what is like at the 2CV Euro event there is a 5 minute video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPxBEMa-hNc
The Belgian Organisers for the 24 Hour Race at Francochamps are still finalising the details and timetables – currently they are:
Race Starts Saturday 27 October late pm
Qualifying is due to take place Saturday 27 October for 60 minutes
Scrutineering is due to take place Friday 26 October in the early evening.

Costs to get across to Spa – currently a EuroTunnel booking for a campervan and trailer is £ 200 leaving Thursday pm returning Sunday night or Monday morning.

Facilities at Spa
Garages are much smaller than Snetterton. 2 cars to a garage which vary depending on which one you are allocated. It is likely that we can only fit 2 in a row at the end UK cars likely to be!.  Limited space for tools and tyres. Outside the garages space is also limited and smaller than Snetterton as well.
Good news is that this is a bigger event with quite a few spectators so much more catering and a few shops and normally some other events on (like the 24 Hour 2cv model car race last year).

Above the garages are corporate hospitality suites. These can be rented and include kitchens, TV's with  live timing etc. It is likely to be quite cold, foggy and wet and cramped in the garages so worth considering renting a hospitality suite. An idea might be for UK teams to share the rental of one suite. Costs vary depending on size but 3 or 4 teams could probably share a small one which is approx € 775 + taxes

Who is Going?

Around 12 teams have said to me they are thinking of going to Spa.

My Crisis Car is definitely going with a small team  (3 definite and 1 possible drivers) and crew.

If teams know they are definitely going we could start to try and book some garages to ensure we stay together. Let me know on this thread or on email if your team is very likely to enter.

gadget

we are taking my car
gadget

abfitness2cv

Myself and Ian are almost certainly doing it:-) Personally I'm not bothered about the prototypes and the rules favouring the Belgian cars. If enough of us go from our series it will be a great event, we can have our own race within the race! I have never driven there, but went to watch Ian in his historic f3 a few weeks ago. Amazing place.

Derek Coghill

It's fabulous. Keep your eyes open for faster stuff and enjoy it! If you have a delve back to 2008 on here somewhere there is film footage of us racing an average UK-spec car there.

Average in that it was the Hollis' car, my engine; did we fit Graham's gearbox? Can't remember.

Derek Coghill

Ah, manyswearywords.....my band's been offered gigs around that weekend in Belgium/Holland/France/Germany.

Wonder if I can skive off for a bit?