Main Menu

Racing licence after a stroke

Started by kinchieman, June 15, 2012, 22:34:50

Previous topic - Next topic

kinchieman

Has anybody got any experience of applying for a racing licence after having a stroke?  After 15 years out of the drivers seat I had thought of making a comeback, but a stroke shortly after the 2010 24hours set me back a bit. Now I have the application form and have to answer "yes" to most of the "do you have a dicky ticker" questions, am I wasting my time? Also one of the tablets I have to take appears on the Olympic "banned substances" list - how often do race drivers get drug-tested...

Neil McDonald, Glenkinchie, Scotland.

Paul Robertson

No experience of the stroke neil(i'm glad to say)but i couldn't get a license for 3 years because i told the truth about the medication i was taking for my knee pain.I think it depends alot on how honest you are,so you might want to remove this post!

Mick Storey

I know of people who have raced recently after major heart problems, so no, its not a waste of time applying

kinchieman

Thanks to people who have given advice since I first asked, but a recent "bleeding on the brain" scare has led my doctor to put the kybosh on any licence application. All the more annoying after I turned up at Croft and thanks to the Hollis family was reunited with "Wee Fiona" which rekindled my interest. Again, thanks to those who offered help. See you all again soon I hope!

Neil McDonald, Glenkinchie, Scotland.