Main Menu

Proposed regulation change for 2013

Started by Trevor Williams, July 05, 2012, 12:04:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

You all might want to take a look at the proposed change to the regulations regarding the limits of the track.

If this is implemented, what it basically means is that if you put just a wheel off the track, you will be penalised....
It's basically what was almost introduced for this year at the behest of certain circuit owners / organising clubs.

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/regulations/RaceMay2012.pdf

If you dsiagree (or agree) with this proposal I would urge you to comment using the link on the web page
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

philip myatt

Trevor
the proposed rule change states
Should any wheel of the car no longer remain
within the track, defined in (a) above, it a driver
will be judged to have left the track.

I interpret this as, as long as one wheel is still on the defined circuit you are OK.
Your interpretation is somewhat scaremongering and draconian.

the next bit is

Repetition of serious mistakes or the
appearance of a lack of control over the car
(such as leaving the track) will be reported to the
Clerk of Course and may entail the imposition of
penalties up to and including the exclusion of
any driver concerned.

This in no way states that you WILL be penalised for one wheel off.
It means reported to CoC who MAY impose penalties after all four wheels
are repetitively off the circuit.

Clearly this will be a problem for those that you CoC for.

Philip

racing pigeon

currently chaps Philip is correct . But if the regulation is changed then Trevor will be correct.

But this will only take effect on 1St January 2013 so go grass cutting whilst you can chaps????????????

Good Night and Good Luck

Trevor Williams

Phil
With respect, I am not scaremongering in the least. The proposed regulation is what  certain track owners wanted to be imposed for this year.
The proposed regulation states that if any wheel is no longer on the track (as defined by the white lines and the kerbs) then you are off the track. If you are off the track, you will be penalised in line with the MSA guidance.... which is:
1st time = error of judgment
2nd time = black and white flag
3rd time = 5 second penalty
4th time = drive through (or 25 second penalty if in the last three laps (I think)
5th time = exclusion

This year, as I have posted before, the MSA Stewards are being tasked with making sure the above are implemented and are to report clerks who do not implement these penalties.

In my opinion, the proposed regulation is a crock of brown stuff. It goes against the International Sporting Code definition and regulation (which the current regulation mirrors completely) If you dont want the regulation to change, comment on it to the MSA...
It's no bother to me what regulation I have to enforce
Trevor

Trevor Williams

Just a heads up on this proposed regulation change....
I have heard that the Motor Sports Council have told the Race Committee to go away and try again with regards to the proposed change
Common sense possibly prevails??

Derek Coghill

< go away and try again >

I suspect that the actual wording might have been slightly different...... D.