Main Menu

Chairmans Posting

Started by Mervyn Rundle, July 19, 2012, 11:30:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Mervyn Rundle

Most of you will have noticed the posting this week regarding the change of chairman of the club and I just  want to add my thanks to Paul Robertson for being our chairman for the last 2 seasons and for his hard work and commitment to the Club.   

I am delighted to have been asked by the Board to be Chairman and to assist in taking the club forward into 2013. 

My aim at this stage will be to ensure that we, as a Board, continue to deliver what it says on the tin - high quality low cost racing. The 2cv Club is not one where radical change of direction is either needed or desirable so please don't expect that! 

As ever we have to cope with increased track costs and I will be working with the Board to produce a plan for the long term prosperity of the Club and to keep and increase the size of our grids.  I would also like to ensure that in so far as is possible we have a level playing field for our racing and again, I will be working with the Board to review our rules and regulations so that they are properly constructed, transparent and fairly enforced. So, please take a minute or two to reread the rules and make sure your car complies!

I'll try to get round to meet as many members as I can at Croft but your thoughts and comments are always appreciated so email me if you wish.

Mervyn Rundle
Chairman