Main Menu

Post-24 hour thanks

Started by Chris Yates, August 28, 2012, 22:37:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

From Mervyn:

QuoteI just wanted to get this post up before everyone goes back their dull boring lives without the beautiful humm of 40 2cvs going past every 2 minutes !

Firstly, another great 24 hour race and a well deserved win for Rent Boys Racing -   I thought that Phil, James and Sandro might take the lead in the last few laps but it wasn't to be - perhaps those new wellie boots were holding you back on the throttle!  Next year fellas!  Seeing Stinky being graciously and with great chivalry "helped" to the finish was another memorable moment whilst talking with Mission MotorSport made me realise how fortunate we all are and the enormous debt we owe to our servicemen and women.  Add to that the fact that all cars made it home (including the rather crumpled BCOT car) and we have some great memories of a wonderful event.  Finally, for those who were awake at 5.15 on Sunday morning, watching a night restart was also quite impressive.

I would like once more to thank everyone who helped make the event possible and for ensuring that it ran so smoothly.  That includes every driver, team manager, mechanic and tea maker without whom there wouldn't be a race.  To our Belgian and Mini friends I truly hope you enjoyed racing with us and to the lone but very successful Flying Dutchmen team I congratulate you on a great result.  I think you guys told me that there are more preserved 2cvs in Holland than France so please see if you can find some more cars and drivers for next year.

Masochist marshals who are prepared to stand in the rain at four o'clock in the morning are a necessity for us to race and deserve our heartfelt thanks but lets also not forget people like Matt Hollis who organised the trophies, Martin Harrold who did such a great job with publicity and Lewis Beales who (with his team) did our commentary and organised the presentation.  I just can't name everyone here due to lack of space but if you did something to help then thanks!

Looking forward now, please do attend the dinner dance and the AGM.  If you can't make it then I look forward to seeing you all next year.

Mervyn Rundle

Chairman