Main Menu

Dinner/Dance information

Started by Matthew Hollis, October 20, 2012, 13:04:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Hollis

Hello everybody,

It's just under a month now until the Classic 2CV Racing Club Awards Evening and Dinner/Dance, and I thought I should take the opportunity to answer a few questions you might have:

PARKING
The hotel has it's own car park around the back of the building, which is accessed through an archway on the southern side.  There is also parking directly outside the hotel, along the High Street, this has limited waiting (2 hours I think) Monday to Saturday 7am-6pm, so if you are arriving after 6pm on the Saturday you should in theory be able to park there until Monday morning.

DRESS CODE
The event is not strictly black tie, but everybody does dress smartly as you would expect, with quite a few going for the black tie option. Basically, if you turn up in a Hawaiian shirt you will not be chucked out, but you might look a bit out of place!  If you are planning on going on from the hotel after midnight to another venue, you might like to bear this in mind.

PAYMENT
Most people have now paid, thank you!  If you have paid by cheque, these have now been sent to Aubrey for cashing in, and therefore the money should leave your accounts soon, if not already.

MUSIC
This year we have reverted back to the standard DJ/Disco, as opposed to the singer/disco last year, which unfortunately was just too expensive to justify.  They have an expansive range of music and are happy to accommodate any playlists or music requests, so if there is any particular artist or track you want to boogie to just let me know at [email protected]

TROPHIES
Every trophy winner from last year should have been contacted with regards to ensuring the trophy is back with us this year.  If you have a trophy, or know someone who has one, please can you make sure it is brought to the evening.  The list of trophies are:
Championship - 1st
Championship - 2nd
Championship - 3rd
Rookie of the Year
King Dick
Team Champions
Driver of the Year
The 3 perpetual trophies

I will be on holiday from Friday 26th October until Saturday 10th November, so there is no point contacting me during this time as I won't pick up any messages.

I look forward to seeing you all there!  ;D
Matthew

Mick Storey

Thanks for organising the DD. Splendid night. Anyone seen my kids?

Matthew Hollis

And thanks for another great speech Mick!