Main Menu

Croft - Wingrove Motors Challenge

Started by Martin Harrold, February 19, 2013, 19:39:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Harrold

Wearing my new hat as a club Director, and having been asked to look after marketing and PR type stuff, I have had a chat with club stalwart Peter Dalkin.
   To add a bit of interest to the Croft meeting, he is arranging for his company, Wingrove Motors, to put on a small display of some current sporty Citroens in the paddock. Assuming it's in one piece after a Spa event in early April, he'll bring along his Belgian series car to add to the display.
   And to spice up the racing a little he is kindly putting up a trophy for the winner of the Wingrove Motors Challenge. This will be awarded to the car / drivers combination which does best over the two Croft races, rounds 3 and 4 of the 2012 2CVParts.com Championship, 2013.
   He's offered to help BARC promote the event through his email marketing list. There is no money in this for anyone involved, although it would be nice for Wingrove if they picked up a few good sales leads. It is a fine example of a supporter of the club helping promote our racing.
   If anyone else has any kind of business activity that might benefit from a modest association with our racing, then please do get in touch. We can make a little money go a long way.
   Right now, we have titles available for the two Motors TV Live events, at Donington and Mallory. Race 1 at Donington, the Championship opener, will be the 2CVParts.com Challenge, in recognition of the great support that Roy Eastwood has given, and continues to give, to the club. The title to the other race there is still available, as is the title to the 30 minute TV race at Mallory. You get the race title in the programme and on screen. Commentators can mention it at least twice and the winning driver is briefed to mention it in the post race interview.
   And if anyone has ideas and contacts and would like to join our informal club marketing/PR group, then do drop me a note.
  I hope to be at Donington, so say hello there. Martin

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982