2013 Race Calendar and Prices

Started by Nick Roads, November 16, 2012, 12:32:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Crook

Hi Suzanne yep Mallory 27th May  ;D
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

hemi442

I read above from Phil that the dates are confirmed, but MSV's calendar does not include the Brands date, and this club's website homepage still states that the calendar is provisional.  I'm trying to book a family holiday around the racing calendar, so I'm not complaining about the 'discrepancy', just trying to find out where we are, and, if it IS still provisional, does anybody have a feeling for when it will be confirmed?  Thanks.

Trevor Williams

There is a two day meet at Brands Hatch on the BARC availability calender on 29th June and 30th June 2013.
Nothing will be confirmed until the regulations are published. Unhelpful, but thats what happens when your events are at the lower end of the pecking order...F1, WEC, WTC, BTCC.....
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Nick Roads

As Trevor says it is not 100% but it is 99.9% certain to be at Brands on that weekend.

For those watching the forum the April 6 meeting may be at Donnington after all as part of a Motors TV 2 x 20 minute live event with 30 minute qualifying. BARC have asked if we can change from Oulton. Hope to have finalised the details at AGM on Sunday as to whether it will be Donnington or Oulton. It will go out on email if there is a change.

Trevor Williams

The Regulations have been published on the BARC website, and the main change is as Nick said elsewhere, you are starting at Donington rather than Oulton.
There is no mention of the Mallory date in the regs, and the 24 Hours is listed as 30th August to 1st September
Hope everyone has a fabulous seasons racing, you may see me at Silverstone, and possibly Mallory if you are still on the card for that TV event. (Might even get up to Donington also....)

Trevor Williams

Ooo!! Your part of the Grid Place Penalty Trial..... Mwahhahahahaha!!!!

Nick Roads

Trevor - why not bring your car up to Donnington and race again !

ps Mallory is a non championship round and this is why it is not in the Regs. Its definitely on.

Trevor Williams

Nick,
No licence, and I might volunteer as one of the officials, not yet decided on that one. I have volunteerd for the \mallory date so should see you there!!

Matthew Hollis

Quote from: Trevor Williams on February 01, 2013, 14:57:08
Ooo!! Your part of the Grid Place Penalty Trial..... Mwahhahahahaha!!!!

Shame a 10 place grid penalty won't make much difference in 2cv racing!  ;)

Trevor Williams

But it might make the driver market for the 24 hour race interesting......

Alec Graham

I'm not seeing it either Matthew but i usually qualify near the back anyway.. And this is for contraveining the sporting regs, not the technical regs. right?

Trevor Williams

Alec,
It is an MSA trial, and is just to give the organisers another penalty option for breaches of the regulations (Blue Book and Championship Regs)
Any Technical infringement is dealt with by either disallowing all qualifying times (obviously in qualifying) and being allowed to start at the back with a time penalty providing the breach of the regs is rectified, or exclusion and the resulting penalty points and championship points deduction for infringements found in post race scrutineering.
Where it may become interesting is if a driver gets a grid place penalty imposed on them during the last sprint race of the championship, and is then in a different car / team for th enext round (the 24 hour race), does that penalty apply to the driver, the car, the team etc? Could result in innocent parties being unfairly penalised for something that they didnt do. It could also put a car / team in greater danger of being involved in an incident during the first few laps / moments due to having a lower starting position that they qualified....
There is a can of worms that the MSA haven't actually thought about with regards to endurance races....

Simon Crook

Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Alec Graham

Some good points there Trevor.
Time penalties would be much more difficult to haul back than grid slots.. so far as the spints are concerned. as for the 24 hour perhaps not so..
whoever brings a penalty to the team in the 24hours buys the beers right? what if all four drivers bring a penalty...

Trevor Williams

Without going into too much detail as to how particular penalties are decided upon, the imposition of a time penalty affects the race where the infringement occurred i.e if you caused an incident and finished ahead of the aggrieved party, a time penalty could rectify the advantage that was gained - instant justice, subject of course to appeals. The grid penalty would become useful to the organisers if the transgressor failed to finish the race and the imposition of a time penalty would be pointless.....