Main Menu

Started by Mervyn Rundle, January 25, 2013, 17:32:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Mervyn Rundle

As we now set up for the 2013 season I wanted to wish you all well and to thank everyone for supporting the Club in 2012.  Although we started the season with some worries about numbers we ended with a record entry for the 24 hour race and a large turnout for the dinner dance.  So thank you!

I am confident that we can consolidate this with some fantastic racing in 2013 and I can assure you that your board had worked hard to produce an interesting and challenging championship.  Brands Hatch is now on the calendar and the Motors TV round at Mallory will be more exciting as ever with a 30 minute race.  Even though its not a championship round I would urge you all to attend if possible.  After all, it is your chance to be famous on TV!

I hope that everyone is now aware of the new date for the AGM of the 3rd February and I look forward to seeing as many members as possible attending.  Phil Myatt has indicated that he will not be seeking re-election to the board and I would like to thank him and Jill for the enormous efforts and commitment they have given to organising the club over the last few years.  They have undertaken many of the "behind the scenes" tasks that are vital to the smooth running of the club and its racing.  There will now be two vacancies to fill on the board and I would be delighted to hear from any member who would like to help out.  Please email me if you would like to volunteer to be on the board or if you are prepared to assist in any other way.

Bonne chance mes amis et petit pilotes!