Main Menu

Matchmaking Thread for 2013 24 Hour Race for Teams and Drivers

Started by mattab, March 10, 2013, 17:51:45

Previous topic - Next topic

naughtybear

ok cool thanks for the update will try tomorrow to ring rr NB
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Nick Roads

This thread on the forum to be used by Teams looking for Drivers and Crew.

- to be updated later -

Dave Watson

We have a great opportunity to hire our 2nd Citroen 2CV for the famous 24 hour race at Snetterton, which is taking place this year on the 30/31 August & 1st September. The car is very competitive having just finished second at the first round of the 2CV sprint races at Donington on 6th April.

The car is available for this years 24 hour race on a fully supported basis, this basically means everything is included in the price, so all you have to do is turn up and race it!! The package includes the following:

24 Hour race entry (This includes practice session on the Friday 4 x 30 minute sessions, Friday evening qualifying session in the dark, Saturday Morning qualifying and then the 24 Hour Race which starts at 17.00hrs on the Saturday afternoon).
Teams BARC Membership.
Teams 2CV Racing Club Membership.
Car Hire (on a bend it you mend it agreement).
Spare Engines, Gearboxes, Tyres and a Full Selection of Spares.
Experienced Team Manager.
Full Experienced Pit Crew (24 hour support on Pit Wall, Driver Changes, Refuelling, 20 Minute Engine and Gear Box change and Tyre Changes).
Full Catering for the weekend.
Transportation of Car to and from the event.
Please contact David Watson for further information: [email protected]

Maisie

Having spent the past 10 24hr races on bacon sandwich and occasional spanner duty for Team Stinky, I've decided it's time to take the plunge and have a go behind the wheel myself. I have an offer of a car to rent and one other possible driver, but I need another couple more drivers and some pit crew/mechanics if I'm going to have a realistic chance of getting out there for the 24hr. Any volunteers/suggestions?
Maisie (Maria Cooke)
Blueberry Tart ;)

naughtybear

well, naughty bear is looking for a seat too...............
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Simon Crook

Drive available with Team Lumaca I2F, if you have seen our 24hr set up, you will know that you will be well looked after, price will include everything except your 'club day membership' if your interested drop me an email or come and say hello at Mallory Park at the next race.
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Martin Sadler

Good evening, I have driven in the crusader vans team last year and several times over the last 6 or 7 years. Renault 5 turbo in 1980's Clios in 90's and then Britcar. Give me a call  if there is a drive available. 07867 798680 Martin

Sump Surgeon

Hello! I have competed twice before in the 24 hr race, although not for some years. Very keen to give it another go. Have National A licence and a budget. Would be very interested to hear from anyone looking for a paying driver. Thanks. [email protected].

neandethal

Hi Lads/Ladies,

last year was our first year doing both the sprint series and 24 hour and we spent most of the season looking up everybody elses exhaust pipe but did finish the 24 hour, and not last, despite seizing a gearbox after 18 hours.
This season has been better and after a recent Sammie engine work over we are now on the pace.
I need a fourth driver to share our car.
we are not the fastest car or trio of drivers, we have alot of fun,sweat a lot, overuse sarcasm however, the car is now competitive and i will get a second engine worked over by Sammie before the 24. I am also hoping to go to Spa as well this year, if you do snetterton you would get first refusal on Spa if you have a National A licence.
I am looking for someone who will muck in, sorry it wont be a turn up and drive, you will be expected to refuel, spanner, make tea, sleep standing up and all sorts of stuff, my charge out rate will depend on what or more accurately who else you can bring to the party. Last year our pitcrew was "bigou" to say the least and if you can supply pitcrew then i will reflect the cost accordingly. i was the cheapest drive on the paddock last year, probably because i lost money!
We are car 50, if that helps.
if this sounds like what you are looking for give me a ring, Ian on 07736 784210, preferrably after 7pm or leave a message and i`ll get back to you.

Glenn Oswin

Hello, I'm looking for 3 or possibly 4 drivers for this years 24hr race. The car ( number 33 ) is running well this season with top 10 finishes, and last years 24hr race we finished 15th with 1 breakdown from a broken drive shaft. Ideally I would like 3 drivers + myself as a team but i can sort 4 drivers without myself if there is a group of you.

Please contact me for more details via the forum or 07866166496.

Thanks Glenn. 

oneleggedracer

hey all
I took part in the 24hr last year in the mission motorsport car and im looking to do it again this year so any teams need a paying driver let me know.

cheers
jimmy

Louis

Sorted  ;D

Katy Storey

Hi, just been contacted by Jimmy Gillborn who raced with Mission Motorsport last year at the 24hr and also at the 24hr in Spa, he is looking for a seat for the 24hr this year if anyone has one? His number is 07718 205476.

Lucy Cardell-Williams is looking for a drive also. If anyone can help with either of these please let me know, thanks :)

Glenn Oswin

I have 2 drives available for hire, deal includes, wear and tear, damage and food. Give us a call 07866 166496

Thanks Glenn.

Derek Coghill

I'm after a couple of drivers too. Even split of costs.....unless you really break things...!